question for women!

Options
does anyone else get terrible cravings during right before and during their TOM (time of month) and how do u do deal with it? today i woke up and its still before (i have a few days before it should be here) i ate a piece of pizza for breakfast i hate that i did that but its too late. then i ended up eating soem chocolate. NOTHING healthy even looks appetizing in this house. I had a banana but only becasue i knew i needed some real food in me. also i feel very fatigued this week and i havent been working out nearly as much as i want to. (like 2 times so far this week) help?

Replies

• zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I give into some cravings during that time and just try to stay within my calories lol. I do try to balance it out with healthy stuff too, but I eat more chocolate and stuff than I normally would. PMS can be an absolute beast! (one that demands to be fed something yummy....)
  • getfitnow33
    Options
    Hey Doll, Yes the same thing happens to me and my dr says to indulge urself but healthy! like special k has sum awesome snacks with chocolatey goodness, try the health food store, trader joes, even the internet. My love is chocolate and salty snacks. So anything under 150 cals for a snack is a good time. It could be semisweet chocolate chips in vanilla yogurt thats awesome! Nuetella on wheat bread with some banana slices! yum! Walgreens has some nice snacks for under a buck that may satisfy also. Im inlove with wasabi peas, seseme sticks, sliced almonds, and sun flower seeds. Also when u have a craving enjoy it once in awhile! Like me i have pizza and fried chicken but in moderation and under my calorie goal. U can do it!

16730282.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    the cravings aren't so bad for me as the lack of energy.

my workout sucked last night and lo and behold i'm spotting today and will be full on tomorrow. So yeah, just do what you can. I was going to lift tonight, but feel just exhausted. I popped an iron pill and will take tonight off and run tomorrow instead. In a couple days I'll be ready to be lifting again

as far as cravings, skinny cow maybe? I love their ice cream treats for a sweet tooth. for salty, maybe air popped popcorn? i know, easier said than done...hang in there!!
  • ama1978
    ama1978 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yea i do too why is this? mine are irregular but i can always tell when its due because i seem to eat more just before, spesh chocolate! tut tut
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i just forced myself to eat some egg whites turkey bacon and cheese to have some real food in me ugh i dont feel good today. i hate this time.
  • niciemetts
    niciemetts Posts: 49
    Options
    i won't weigh myself during my TOM........if i am craving something........i try for sugar free chocolate.......instead of a hershey's bar.......its not what you do once a month.........its what you do everyday.......i have a 85/15 chocolate bar in my fridge......if i get a craving i reach for one piece.........
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that happens to me for about 6 hours... usually the day before TOM starts. Last night I was complaining that I wanted to eat everything that wasn't nailed down. I shoulda known... this morning, TOM.

Honestly, I just eat stuff... try and hold myself back but give in a little. I was, like, 200 calories over yesterday or something. And it's all gone today so I'm kinda home free in that sense.

I have no solutions other than drink lots of water and maybe get extra sleep. and extra exercise.
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do get tired and I get a sweet tooth. Just try to do the best I can during it and stay within my calories. I don't like to work out on my heavier days either. It's just really uncomfortable. :(
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I get bad food cravings too that I normally wouldn't have. I go ahead and give in so I won't be even more miserable, and hateful to everybody else. lol I don't allow myself to have a lot but just enough to put my mind at ease I guess you could say.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i deal with it by not buying it in the first place. food doesnt just magically appear in my house unless i buy it, so if i have a craving for something crazy and i dont have it then i can't eat it... and mysteriously the craving goes away
  • niciemetts
    niciemetts Posts: 49
    Options
    i deal with it by not buying it in the first place. food doesnt just magically appear in my house unless i buy it, so if i have a craving for something crazy and i dont have it then i can't eat it... and mysteriously the craving goes away

this works too............i don't have pasta in my house.........i have fruit and veggies......meat.............yogurt a 85/15 chocolate bar.......thats about it......or and nothing white no flour no rice.......therefore i can't eat it
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today had been awful for me-I have been making good food choices BUT I have been starving all day long. I am eating the same food I always do-so it is not that I am not getting enough food. I'm not talking about being hungry all day but the feeling you get when you haven't ate in hours and your stomach is talking to you. Even right after I eat-I have been drinking a lot of water, usually helps fill me up but it is not even helping. lol
  • klentes
    klentes Posts: 1
    Options
    I try to drink 100oz of water a day. This helps me from getting too hungry for snacking. Also, I have been making a strong effort to not obsess over food. I try to divert my attention on a regular basis in situations like "you know what would be perfect for this boredum? FOOD!" So I try to focus on something else. I try not to tie my emotions and my activities with food. Rather than the focus they are an asset to what I'm doing. I think it's beginning to help because I'm comfortably eating 1200 calories. IT's most important to find a routine that's sustainable and works for you because yo-yoing doesn't do anything in the long run.

For my friend, everytime she wants to eat something sweet, she'll do at least 10 push ups. Maybe just finding new ways!
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options

i didnt buy the pizza my SO brings it home from work. i ask him not to bring them. but he does for the kids once every few weeks.... he just happened to bring one last night.