Low calorie breakfast ideas

Options
Any ideas on a good low calorie breakfast? I've been eating Quaker's Instant Oats, weight control. I'm burnt out on them!! I'm eating 1200 calories a day and hate to use up to many of them on breakfast.

Replies

• vstarcher
    Options
    Lowfat yogurt and some fruit is what I eat most days.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with whole wheat toast....
    low cal cereal.. ( they have a million kinds lol)
    hmmm....
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites and Veggies
    Cottage Cheese and Fruit

Sometimes its just leftovers from the night before. I'm not one of those people who only eat "breakfast foods" at breakfast.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love Honey Nut Cheerios (1 cup), 1/2% milk (half cup) sugar free pudding and a special k bar.

310 calories altogether!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Trail Mix bars
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I love Honey Nut Cheerios (1 cup), 1/2% milk (half cup) sugar free pudding and a special k bar.

310 calories altogether!

this is a great idea!! sounds filling
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Jumbo whole grain rice krispies or whole grain cheerios.
    90 and 110 calories w/o whatever milk you choose.
    I use 1/4 cup of 1% with mine and thats only about 30 calories added.

but I also eat a piece of fruit & sometimes a piece of wheat toast with that.
    Bigger breakfasts make for lotsa energy throughout the day, despite making for a near 300 calorie breakfast
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Trail Mix bars

I should have noted that I eat a "puny" breakfast because it's combined with my morning coffee, which is about 160-180 calories of sugar free french vanilla creamer goodness :smooched:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    if you want to ween yourself off of creamer try adding some cinnamon to the coffee grounds, ive found it makes black coffee way more satisfying ;)
  • chicka200413
    Options
    2 eggo nutri grain blueberry waffles. No syrup, No butter. Just plain. It's about 180 calories.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds backwards, but I used to hate to 'waste' calories at breakfast too. But somehow during this lifestyle change - about the time I started running that all changed.

I run in the evenings or in the mornings, and I've found that I'm ravenous in the morning now! I usually eat about 450 calories at breakfast (but I get to eat about 1600 a day with exercise) and I've found that I'm not hungry at night.

if I eat a good breakfast, and lunch, I don't want a huge dinner!!! That's exactly backwards of the way I've lived all my fat life.

I just don't feel like eating a lot at dinner, so now we're having light healthy dinners, and I like it better that way.

I didn't work towards this, honestly, it just happened. But you might want to think about that.

There is that old saying too: Eat like a King at breakfast, a prince at Lunch, and a pauper at dinner. There is something to that.
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I like EnerG tapioca bread toasted with a little bit of chive and onion cream cheese. Take that and put an egg sprinkled with garlic powder on it and its delicious!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    if you want to ween yourself off of creamer try adding some cinnamon to the coffee grounds, ive found it makes black coffee way more satisfying ;)

Or flavored coffee. I weaned myself off creamer altogether.

Still need Splenda though.

I do not eat clean. :tongue:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually oatmeal or cereal with fruit, sometimes yogurt with some granola and fruit.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    yea I still add a bit of sugar to mine (dont do flavored coffees cuz its cheaper to get a huge can of folgers lol)
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    How about Thomas' Whole wheat English muffin (100 cals), egg beaters (30 cals), 2% american cheese (45 cals), and Oscar Meyer ham (45 cals for six slices...I put only one slice). Whole thing comes out to 188 cals and its delicious. Good luck.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    old fashioned quaker oatmeal w/ fresh blueberries and a little brown sugar! I eat that every morning after my workouts. Also, I love Ezekial cinnamon and raisen bread. Two slices is 150 calories
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I, too, like the thinking of eating a hearty, protein-rich breakfast (around 400-500 cals, depending) because there's a wider gap between breakfast and lunch than lunch and dinner for me. Starting off the day with a hearty meal has always kept me from mindless snacking.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It is very filling Jazzy :smile: Keeps me full for a long time!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well, you might all gross out but I take a zuchinni and dice it up, pan fry it PAM, add 2 ounes of soyrizo, and then 1/2 cup of egg sub.

It is a big plate of food, low calorie, healthy, and I love the mexican flavor. I put salsa over it. kc