30 day shred questions

Options
Who else is doing the 30 day shred? If so, please feel free to add me. If not, buy it on amazon for 6 bucks! haha.
I have a couple questions though for those of you who have done the 30DS or who are in the process of.

1. How many days a week are you doing it?

2. How long has it taken previous users to see results (whether it be weightloss, fat % reduction or inches lost)

3. How long do you reccomend staying on each level? I'm only on day 4, and I figured I would move from level to level every week or every 10 days. suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• beccaboo0713
    Options
    1- every day
    2 - this is day 18. I am down 3 lbs. I don't know how many inches but my back looks better!
    3 - I am switching every 10 days.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing it currently because I'm injured, but I did it a few years ago, I made it 20 days in and had to stop because of a m/c. I did it daily at night after my kids went to bed. The way I always understood it and the way I did it was you do 1 level every 10 days for maximum results. You can also do 1 level until it starts getting easy and switch to the next level. I had lost 20+ pounds when I was doing it. Unfortunately depression from the m/c had me gaining it all back and then some. Sorry rambling.. I do that a lot, but I definitely recommend it. It was a great workout and I'll be starting again after my sprain heals.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it roughly 6 days a week, I started on 3rd June and today did day 22.

After 10 days I'd lost 1.5 inches from my waist, 1 from my hips and 0.5 from each arm. At 20 days I'd lost 5lbs and another 0.5 inches from my waist and hips.

I'm doing 10 days at each level.

Hope that helps. :)
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im doing it everyday and I do 10 days each level. I throw in 6 week 6 pack after it 2 days out of the week.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's 10 days at each level, and I tried my hardest to stick to it every single day for each 10-day stretch...
    but I found myself skipping probably 1 day a week.

However, I think it's actually a better idea to do two days on, one day off, to better facilitate muscle recovery.
    On that off day you could do some other form of cardio.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for 3 weeks. Ideally I would do it every day, but my life seems to get in the way - I have averaged 5x per week.

I don't know what is from the shred, and what is from my calorie deficit, but I've lost 8 lbs. I also definitely see a tightening up of my parts.

I switch levels after 10 times. Level 2 is kicking my butt.
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I know I will end up taking about one day off a week to recover! Hope it works well!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I saw great results after 14 days of doing it every day (I just did the standard 10X of each level so I'd done 10x level one and 4x level 2) I hadn't lost much weight but looked different! I've got a photo somewhere - I'll see if I can find it!
  • Werglum
    Options
    Found it! Day one on the left and day 14 on the right.

Picnikcollage-1.jpg
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the help and suggestions guys! @Werglum, great pics! I hope I get as great results.

As of right now, I do 30 day shred in the mornings and cardio (running, jump rope, bike) at night. Do you think I should slow it down, or should I vamp it up some more?
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Found it! Day one on the left and day 14 on the right.

Picnikcollage-1.jpg

Holy smokes lady! That's amazing. Way to go!! Question for you, I'm doing it everyday and also spin 3x a week, I was going to keep up my walk/jog 3x a week but decided to cut that out and see how I felt first. Did you add any additional cardio, if so, how much?

To OP, I'm only on Level 1 Day 6, not sure about results but I seriously feel like I see a ever so slight change in the mirror already.
    I've been doing it every day and plan on doing each level for 10 days.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago. I did it every day for 30 days (well, minus rest days, of course) and did ten days on each level to equal 30. It kicked my *kitten*, but it was worth it.

I still throw the routines into my workout. They rock.
  • Werglum
    Options
    The shred was all I did - nothing else at that stage anyway! I had a 6 month old baby at the time so found it difficult to do much. during the last couple of weeks I did a few bootcamp sessions but I think the major changes happened in those first few weeks.
  • MicheleTh
    MicheleTh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days.

Also did the workout for 4 to 6 days a week, so it took me more than 30 days.

Results... I lost 7.5 inches all over by the time I finished.

One inch waist, hips and thighs
    2 inches in the bust
    2.5 inches under the bust.
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of level 1, terrified of the planks in level 2 :) I've been doing it M, T and Th, F, Sat. I know a lot of people are doing it every day but I just can't! Good luck! I'm going to add you as a friend!
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There's also this group doing it. We started last week, I think, but have had people joining each day! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/636618-anyone-wanna-join-30-day-shred-today
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I actually just posted this on the other 30 day shred post, but I'll post it here too.

Tomorrow should be day 9 of level one. I am getting a little bored with the workout, should I just complete days 9 and 10 or should I move on to level two?
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 5 of Level 3, and I have seen fantastic results.

I do 30DS Monday through Friday and take Saturday and Sunday off. I do ten days on each level. I started seeing progress after 5 days of Level 1...it's a fantastic program.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I actually just posted this on the other 30 day shred post, but I'll post it here too.

Tomorrow should be day 9 of level one. I am getting a little bored with the workout, should I just complete days 9 and 10 or should I move on to level two?

I feel like both are good options. Which ever way you are leaning, go for it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    the first one is free on youtube, so you can try before you buy