Options
Greetings forum members. I just joined today in the hope of shedding a few pounds before my trip to Italy the end of the month. Actually I am trying to get back down to my happy weight of 120 pounds which is a seven pound weight loss from where I am now. I am a pretty healthy eater, watch my portions, do my own cooking exercise regularly (on my way to the gym after work) the big problem is the red wine with dinner. Counting calories on line seems like a good way to keep things in check.
I am 51 years old and in pretty good shape but the belly fat is making me miserable. I am trying to incorporate a healthy diet and still enjoy my glass of red at night. I have an appointment with a nutritionist at my gym next week too.

Nice to meet you all,

Maureenstasz
Levittown, NY

Replies

• maureenstasz
    Options
    Greetings forum members. I just joined today in the hope of shedding a few pounds before my trip to Italy the end of the month. Actually I am trying to get back down to my happy weight of 120 pounds which is a seven pound weight loss from where I am now. I am a pretty healthy eater, watch my portions, do my own cooking exercise regularly (on my way to the gym after work) the big problem is the red wine with dinner. Counting calories on line seems like a good way to keep things in check.
    I am 51 years old and in pretty good shape but the belly fat is making me miserable. I am trying to incorporate a healthy diet and still enjoy my glass of red at night. I have an appointment with a nutritionist at my gym next week too.

Nice to meet you all,

Maureenstasz
    Levittown, NY
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Maureenstasz!

I think you'll find this site most helpful...you are so smart to get a jump on it before you have much to loose...if you enjoy your dinner wine the food diary will help you figure out what you need to eliminate in order to fit it in...I just gave up coffee because I don't like it black and I couldn't afford the calories from honey and cream...switched to tea with no withdrawal symptoms.

Take care,
    Fat Dancer
  • TZUVELLA
    Options
    Welcome and good luck...!! have a wonderful trip too... Not to mention the wine your be enjoying on your Vacation...:drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • maureenstasz
    Options
    Hi Dancer,

I like coffee also. What I have in the a.m. is a fat free sugar free expresso -- about 1/4 cup of skim milk with espresso coffee -- I use Madagilia D'Oro its an Italian brand -- with splenda. Splenda is a great sub for sugar.

Thanks for the welcome,

Stasz
    Levittown, NY
  • maureenstasz
    Options
    Hi and many thanks for the welcome and the good wishes for the trip, I cannot wait but not looking forward to the long flight,

Best
    Stasz
    Levittown, NY
  • maureenstasz
    Options
    Hello skinnydreamer -- I like your name and we all want to be skinny don't we? l Thank you for the hello and I look forward to hearing from you again
    Best regards,
    Stasz
    Levittown, NY