Your "Secret Stash"

Options
AllTehBeers
AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
Nope, not about cookies and cakes, today it's about the cash.

I have two back ups for if I ever run completely out of funds. My immediate back up is a giant bucket of change that I would cash in if I had to. My second back up is a change purse full of silver quarters. I get them a lot running a cash register so I keep them. They're about 15 times more valuable as silver then quarters. There's also a mix of Mercury head dimes, buffalo nickels and pre 1925 pennies.

What about you? Where do you "stash your cash?"

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I can't... damn people always wanting paid.. They don't realize things should be free lol
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    A princess piggy bank in my closet with about $600 for emergencies.

My ultimate back up (which I hope never to have to use) is a savings bond I have been putting into for 4 years. Will be worth $20,000.00 in September. :glasses:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I can't... damn people always wanting paid.. They don't realize things should be free lol

Lol Exactly! Wouldn't that be an economy stimulator, eh?
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    A princess piggy bank in my closet with about $600 for emergencies.

My ultimate back up (which I hope never to have to use) is a savings bond I have been putting into for 4 years. Will be worth $20,000.00 in September. :glasses:

Oohh high roller girl! You could invest that in a house. The investment that keeps on investing.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot to put back but I have a deal with myself that every time the debit thing asks me if I want cash back, I take the lowest amount and put it into a savings account that has no ATM card and is a good drive from my house. Keeps it safe. Lol
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about Pot... now im disappointed
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    In my closet full of shoes and my fridge full of beer.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about Pot... now im disappointed

Me too.... i have a stash of "toys". As for my money...chase has it.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Extra stash that the family knows about is a huge vase in my bedroom. We keep all extra change there and give it to the kids when they go to camp every summer. It gets dipped into throughout the year when the kids tell us the morning of that they need money for something.

My "other stash" is in my desk at work!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    HAHA extra money.

Ya right.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I have a large glass jug that gets filled with spare change, I've had it since I was a kid. I imagine it won't amount to much if I ever use it but hey. I also stash wads of cash I get either from holidays or such things in an old wallet that's then stashed in the junk that is most of my drawers of my work room. The zipper's busted so it takes either the strength of ten angry gods to open it or a pair of good scissors to the wallet itself.

My mother has a stash somewhere in her bedroom, I think she keeps it in her chest of drawers somewhere between the old baby clothes of mine she's kept. Hers is reserved for emergencies and whenever the car decides to run a melodrama. Mine's just because I can.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My husband.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I've got a canvas bank bag I throw extra change into. When it gets heavy/almost full I take it to the bank and convert it to dollars. Usually comes to around $70. Lately I've gone mostly cashless, using my debit card most of the time, hence no spare change.

Then I've got a 'cash stash' of paper money that usually has $500 - $1000 that we dip into for garage sales, flea markets, minor emergencies, etc.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    HAHA extra money.

Ya right.

Lol true that.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    My husband.

Yeah girl, I need one of those.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    In my humidor...........third shelf down..........under the cheap cigars that nobody would ever move:)
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Not really "secret" but I have a savings account with no card, so I can't get at it, and 4 jars sitting on my desk. There's a lot of cash in them, but 1. I have the willpower not to touch them ( apart from the "tips" jar) and 2. Everyone in the house knows I know exactly how much is in them, so if you're going to help yourselves, leave an IOU, and you have one week interest and bruise free.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Got a couple of wracks in the basement walls. Couple wracks in the freezer. A couple bands in each car. Couple Roth IRA's...and a mutual fund. Couple savings, couple money markets, one savings.

Rain...Pourin...

All my cars is foreign.

All my girls is foreign.

Money tall like Jordan.