After all of the success

Options
2»

Replies

• mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    What I'm worried about the most is the fact that I've been overweight since I was around 8. Since I've never been thin I'm worried my skin is beyond hope.
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What I'm worried about the most is the fact that I've been overweight since I was around 8. Since I've never been thin I'm worried my skin is beyond hope.

We're NEVER beyond hope! After all, you're here, and trying your best. If you think that you'll be Flabbylicious when you reach your goal (like I think I will be), start saving now just in case you need medical assistance for it. That way, when you get where you want to be, you won't get discouraged by looking at what's leftover.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit concerned as well, I've got about 50-60 lbs to lose. I'm 52/male. Trying for only 2 lbs loss per week with lots of cardio/walking. I plan to start P90x in Sept, I should be about 25 pounds down by then and I think I'll be ready for it.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Water may be a factor. I know I drink alot more water than my Mom does and I'm not experiencing saggy skin.
  • svwalter
    svwalter Posts: 21
    Options
    Even after only drinking water and exercising strength training and cardio I still have tons of loose skin. So am not sure my age may have something to do with it or the fact I have struggled with weight my whole life. It sucks because I have muscles on my arms but of course the first thing a persons eye catches is the horrible skin hanging. It is hard because I have worked so hard for my muscles but they go unnoticed. lol God Bless All and have a great day!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 bills over the last 3 years and had started strength training from pretty much the beginning. I drink tons of water and in my case have no choice but to have surgery. There is no amount of exercise that will correct this saggy skin issue. You don't stretch your skin out to 560 lbs. and expect it to go back to where it once was... I am schedule for a circumferential body lift on the 23rd of July.. Doc says I should lose between 15-20 lbs, of skin in the surgery and he will do ab muscle repair to tighten the muscles in my stomach. Scared to death of this surgery but living with the skin problem is not an option. I have bouts with cellulitis and everytime the antibiotics get less and less effective... I know in the end this is my best option, it should not only help with my self esteem but also with my exercising and not having the loose skin jumping around... Very Uncomfortable!! Best of Luck to you on your journeys...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!