I'm going to invent an anti-constipation cookie...

Options
Werglum
Werglum Posts: 378 Member
I'm going to invent an anti-constipation cookie as my 3 1/2 year old has had major issues in this area, so far some of the things I'm going to put in the recipe are:
rolled oats
ground linseeds (which are known as flaxseeds in America - or so I'm told)
prunes
molasses
and chocolate chips in the hopes that she will actually eat the cookies!!

Anyone have any other ideas of things to include? I've thought about bran but we don't have any in the pantry at the moment...

Replies

• Snowbird73
    Snowbird73 Posts: 25
    Options
    Try a basic oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie recipe and substitute the prunes, chopped, for the raisins and replace some of the oatmeal with flax seeds. This is a great idea for anybody who is trying to avoid constipation. Thanks. Let me know how they turn out.:drinker:
  • Werglum
    Options
    That is an excellent idea! Thanks for the tip :flowerforyou: I think I'll leave in all the oatmeal (or rolled oats as we call them in this part of the world :bigsmile: ) but substitute ground linseeds for some of the flour - now to peruse google for suitable recipes!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Oooh, that sounds good! I'll have to try these suggestions, haha.
  • janejust
    janejust Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add some chinese slimming tea :) That will make it work.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Have you tried giving her aloe vera juice?? OMG its so tasty and works like a charm, just dont give too much. Amazing cure for constipation
  • Werglum
    Options
    Have you tried giving her aloe vera juice?? OMG its so tasty and works like a charm, just dont give too much. Amazing cure for constipation

I haven't but I'll definitely give it a go!! I think my husband has some in the fridge at the moment, which would be handy!!
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I haven't but I'll definitely give it a go!! I think my husband has some in the fridge at the moment, which would be handy!!

WOW LOL that would be handy...I know it works for myself and for my little boys (their 8, and 10)