Accurate Calorie Burns?

Options
:huh: Before I purchsed my HRM I would use the calories burned from the MFP database. Now I use the HRM and the calorie burns are literally in half. Either my HRM is nuts or there are a lot of folks using inacurate calorie burns for most activities in the database. People do say that mine seems low for the amount of effort and sweat that put into it. When I finish a Step class I am literally dripping wet. :huh:

Replies

• BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Does your HRM have a chest monitor? If it does then your calories should be pretty accurate. I feel as if some of the databases numbers are either a bit off or way off. I suggest you stick with your HRM.
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    oh and I forgot to mention that my resting heart rate is around 50 sitting up and about 45 when lying down. My HRM does have a chest strap.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    oh and I forgot to mention that my resting heart rate is around 50 sitting up and about 45 when lying down. My HRM does have a chest strap.

If it has a chest strap then go with what your monitor says. Like I said the database numbers ca be way off. I actually went by the database numbers when it came to exercising so I would eat all the calories back that it said I burned off and gained weight like that.