PRE WORKOUT WHAT DO YOU TAKE?

BackTatJIM
BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
Only been going to the gym for 8 weeks, 5 days a week. I have been taking NO booster pills and have a protein bar before I do my weight training.. Strating a new routine next week any thoughts on a pre work out drink that isnt crazy with caffeine... I was thinking superpump max or NOXplode ... any thoughts or other products you can recommend? If so would you stop the NO pills or Stack them on the drink .... thanks

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Something with NO caffeine or just not a lot?

I've been drinking Octane for about 2 years. I love it. www.prosportnutrition.net

I have taken it stacked with GenX and OxyElite Pro and had no issues. I no longer take either of those though.

p.s. I'm a girl so I dunno how valuable this info is for you but I know guys that do the same.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    I would avoid bars, they are mostly filler. Check your labels. For a pre workout I've just started using Xpand. Gives me nice focus and energy without being jittery.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    My husband uses Jack3d, I tried it once and it gave me a lot more energy when I worked out.
  • BackTatJIM
    Something with NO caffeine or just not a lot?

I've been drinking Octane for about 2 years. I love it. www.prosportnutrition.net

something low in caffeine
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    peanut butter and apple or celery. Lots of water. I don't take anything and typically don't need to. I superset weights for 1 hour 3x a week.
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    I don't really use any drinks or bars pre workout. If I do eat something before working out, I try to grab a banana and a lean protein. Post work out I will get a protein drink. My favorite out there is Pure Pro. It is the highest in protein and lowest in carbs. You mentioned you eat your protein before weight lifting, how come you do it before and not after?? Every trainer I have ever spoken with says to get your lean protein either food or drink after your work out is done.
  • BackTatJIM
    I don't really use any drinks or bars pre workout. If I do eat something before working out, I try to grab a banana and a lean protein. Post work out I will get a protein drink. My favorite out there is Pure Pro. It is the highest in protein and lowest in carbs. You mentioned you eat your protein before weight lifting, how come you do it before and not after?? Every trainer I have ever spoken with says to get your lean protein either food or drink after your work out is done.

I always make a protein shake right after the gym ;-)
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member

I always make a protein shake right after the gym ;-)

If that's a convenient time to drink one then great! However, the old myth that you need to consume protein immediately after the gym is false.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    If i feel sluggish the mornings i workout, i'll eat a banana and chug down some water. That seems to do the trick for me.
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    I take Force Factor 2 and BCAAs about 30 minutes before, and eat some good carbs and protein about an hour before. If I really need a kick or extra pumps I'll stack with the original FF and maybe a green tea formula. I can't do the stuff like Jackd either. Makes me feel too zoomy. :sick:
  • BackTatJIM
    maybe ill just get some sample packs and try a few
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    My husband and I both drink Muscle Pharm Combat whey protein powder. I drink half on the way to the gym, the other half immediately afterwards (then breakfast after I get home). It tastes great and fills you up.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    I like superpump and neurocore
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    2 scoops of Lit-Up only if working out in the morning.. get the berry one..

HIGHLY recommend. I add more beta-alanine to it (and throughout my day too)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    if you don't want caffeine, a simple 5 hour energy shot will do the trick. its really just a crap load of B vitamins. I take that before I do cardio. When I lift, I like some caffeine in my supplements so I've taken Jack3D, ACG3, Mesomorph, Ravage, etc... my favorite of those is Jack3D. I HATE the taste of NoXplode- i can't drink it without gagging.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    I like N.O. Explode, N.O. Shotgun, ACG3 and 1MR.

I did take Jack3d. But there is something in that stuff that is now practically banned. Personally, I would recommend reading more about this product before taking it.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Only been going to the gym for 8 weeks, 5 days a week. I have been taking NO booster pills and have a protein bar before I do my weight training.. Strating a new routine next week any thoughts on a pre work out drink that isnt crazy with caffeine... I was thinking superpump max or NOXplode ... any thoughts or other products you can recommend? If so would you stop the NO pills or Stack them on the drink .... thanks

Yeah, the NO products aren't all that great, you're better off with some caffeine and tyrosine.

I take a supplement with a little caffeine and tyrosine, plus creatine, a carb drink (Karboload), and BCAA's. I have more Karboload and BCAA during my lifting session.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    jack3d sucks *kitten*. pwr by isatori is ok. cellular hd is decent. Heard a lot of good things about 1mr, gonna try that next, its on sale at gnc now.

a lot of ppl are saying they liked jack3d, but it has an ingredient that is about to be banned. very bad for you.
  • KayVee
    KayVee Posts: 34 Member
    What about the beachbody one? Any reviews regarding that? What else could one take that IS natural..?
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I use Fast Fuel and that *kitten* keeps me jacked-up all day. Tastes awful, but works for me.