First 5K on my bday - tshirt?

Tomorrow I will complete the last day of C25K. WOOHOO! I wasn't planning on signing up for a 5K yet, but there is one on my birthday, and I'm signing up for it tomorrow :)

It's to benefit the Ronald McDonald House in Buffalo, NY. Since it's on my birthday AND it's my first 5K, I was thinking of making a t-shirt to something of that effect. Would that be dumb? If you think it's a good idea, any tips or suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    I think it is a great idea to celebrate yourself! The only suggestion I have is, for me personally, I cannot run in a regular cotton tee shirt, I get chafing on the inside of my arms... If you go through something like zazzle to have a shirt made they actually have tech shirts....
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks :) I was thinking of buying a duodry workout shirt from Target and decorating it with fabric paint
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    CONGRATS!!! I do not think it is dumb at all.....I have seen other people wear them as well...I always say Happy Birthday when I see them!! :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Happy (early) Birthday and good luck on your first 5K! They become addicting. I did my first one last year and have done several and also have done a 10K and half marathon.. currently in training for my second half!