weight loss without working out

Options

Replies

• MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Eat properly to lose weight, workout to be fit and strong. End of story.

Uggg seriously this is wrong on so many damn levels and your an idiot. MC ='s miscarriage. Please think before you post. She has to be on bedrest and not by her choice

Also it's "you're an idiot," bed rest is two words, and you're missing some commas.

ETA: because I am mildly retarded or it could just be the rum.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options

Uggg seriously this is wrong on so many damn levels and your an idiot. MC ='s miscarriage. Please think before you post. She has to be on bedrest and not by her choice

Also it's "you're an idiot," bed rest is two words, and you're missing some comas.

Wait. Are you suggesting if I eat less calories than I need to maintain my weight that I will lose weight? It seems like you are saying that my body will somehow magically metabolize my fat away if I just stop eating too much food.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Also, who's in these comas of which he speaks?
  • MustBeTheRows
    Options
    Also, who's in these comas of which he speaks?

lol nice catch
  • MustBeTheRows
    Options

It makes sense if you just don't think about it.

Also it's "you're an idiot," bed rest is two words, and you're missing some comas.

Wait. Are you suggesting if I eat less calories than I need to maintain my weight that I will lose weight? It seems like you are saying that my body will somehow magically metabolize my fat away if I just stop eating too much food.

it makes sense if you just don't think about it.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    My first 75 went without exercising. I have a decently active job, but wasn't truly exercising. Since I began exercising, I didn't lose weight for about 4 months and have finally started to lose again. However, my body has changed in shape over that time.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options

Sounds about right to me. I feel much better when I do some sort of workout both mentally and physically and eat mostly healthier foods. The best results usually come when someone eats well and works out.
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    I have. It is slower, but it is possible.
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    Awe I'm so sorry honey. I know after my mc my weight loss slowed down (I wasn't on bed rest or anything though and the doctors said I could do anything I wanted to), It takes a while for your hormones and everything to get back into order. Maybe it would help to just watch what you are eating and log it, but take the month to focus on getting better and then hit the gym again.
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    thank you everyone, some great advice in there..
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Yeah but you won't look good in a swimsuit or naked lol. Listen to your doc and just get back on the exercise as tolerated as soon as he gives ya the go ahead. Make sure you're sticking to lean proteins and all that good stuff in the interim...good luck!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    First 10-15 was without exercise, but after that, nothing. Lost the rest working out.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    98% of my weight loss has been without exercise.
  • Skeebee
    Options

I just love the fact that grammar is somehow a weapon of choice in forums, and here is just another pathetic example. (OMG! YOU SPELLED COMMA WRONG TOO!) Really? Grow up...:noway: OMG! FRAGMENT SENTENCE!!! (*DIES)
  • Skeebee
    Options
    thank you everyone, some great advice in there..

Best of luck to you and hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • MustBeTheRows
    Options

I just love the fact that grammar is somehow a weapon of choice in forums, and here is just another pathetic example. (OMG! YOU SPELLED COMMA WRONG TOO!) Really? Grow up...:noway: OMG! FRAGMENT SENTENCE!!! (*DIES)

I never claimed to know or to use proper grammar... Weapons? Grow up? Well, I didn't call anyone names because of a difference in opinion now did I?
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options

He didn't command her to get off her *kitten* and workout. He was stating a FACT and actually helping her out. If you eat properly, you'll lose the weight without working out. If you want to be FIT (there is a difference between being skinny and being fit/strong) then you need to workout. As sad as the miscarriage is, it's irrelevant to relate it to his comment.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    .. anyone lost reasonable amount without working out?

i had a mc, and doc advised me to stay off of my feet for a month.. i have always lost weight while working out so this is something that i need more insight on ..

any advice?

I don't "work out". I've lost 75 lbs. That being said, I also have a fairly active lifestyle, including walking our dogs ... They don't care if it's hot or freezing, or raining ... They still have to answer nature's call. Walking them can be anywhere from 45 minutes per day up to a couple of hours. every. single. day. So, while technically I don't work out, I am still moving. Hope that helps.
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If losing weight is simply what you want to do, it strictly comes down to eating less calories than you burn. You could do this by eating nothing but ho-ho's all day long as long as you stay in a caloric defecit. This way of dieting though is going to lose just as much muscle as you will fat if all you do is watch your calories without incorporating some type of resistance training.

I try to focus on losing actual body fat instead of what a scale says I weigh. I want to keep my lean mass. It's the fat I want gone.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Speaking of pathetic, it seems your weapon of choice is working quite nicely.