some successes from a newbie!

Options
arrawyn79
arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to MFP (just joined at the end of April) and so far I've had great success with it and I love reading all of your guys' motivating stories and seeing your fabulous, amazing pics! :)

I've lost almost 30lbs (29, to be exact :P) in the last 2 months - with a strict low carb, high protein diet and lots of exercise (cardio, and free weights)...and I now only have to lose 19lbs to reach my GW (well....my GW for NOW, and then i'm going to go a bit more slowly and lose another 10lbs nice and slowly, however long that takes)!

I weighed myself this morning and the number I saw on there I haven't seen for god knows...a few years? AND just this week I was able to fit comfortably into an old pair of work pants that I haven't worn (i.e. been able to fit into) for almost 5 years. And I can fit into my old jeans too (still a bit snug in the legs, but I can do them up! and another 10lbs and i'll be able to fit back into them comfortably, as i'll be my 'old' weight (that I was 5 years ago)...but I want to lose another 10lbs over that. Which I know will mean I am still 'overweight' according to the BMI...but I think my GW (160) - (or even my 'future' GW of 150) isn't too bad... 5 years ago i was 168 and I was ok with that, so...

I wish I'd taken a proper picture of myself before all this, just to see the changes now (people say they can really see it in my face & my husband notices it in my boobs lol :/ ). I notice it because my pants are falling off me and i've had to throw away 2 pairs of work pants (that didn't have belt loops for me to cinch them onto me!) and I can't wear my jeans anymore either because they're just too loose.

Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• Losinitforgood
    Losinitforgood Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job so far! Keep it up! :)
  • jamr1019
    jamr1019 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go.....keep it up. Make sure to measure so you can really see the difference in the #'s. Good look on your journey.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!