Have you ever felt like this?

Options
jenready
jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
I don't know what was up with me today but every where I turned, I felt like someone was reminding me that I'm fat. Now I know that no one was saying "Hey, you're fat!" but it felt that way.

A couple of girls at work were so excited that they were supposed to receive their shipments of Body By Vi today. Both girls are very slim and admit that they don't need to lose a lot of weight. No matter what, if they want to lose weight and feel better I'm all for it. They then proceded to tell me that when I decide to order it I should order from the friend that they bought it from. Who says that I plan on ordering? I never even asked any questions about it. I know, they are trying to help a friend out so why not try to talk it up, but there was another girl right there with us who is also very slim and they didn't say anything to her about ordering or trying it.

Then this evening an acquaintance came over to see if I wanted to go exercise with her. She has been trying to get me to go with her for quite a while. I have told her that I am not interrested with the type that she is doing and I did finally go with her to a different class not too long ago.

I know it is probably just my insecurities but I feel like it is coming at me from all angles lately. Believe me, I know I need to lose weight, that's why I'm here. If you have these types of days, how do you deal with it?

Replies

• afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I find myself spending more time on MFP, with people who have an inkling of where I'm at. Even if it's not face to face, at least I know there are others facing what I'm facing and dealing. Stay strong!
  • jenready
    Options
    MFP is a big help. No one in my daily life knows that I am trying to lose weight. It helps to have friends on here to talk with.
  • jenready
    Options
    bump
  • scubachick2287
    Options
    Sounds like you are being a little over sensitive. I am always asking my friends (skinny or otherwise) to work out with me. It is fun and I usually work out longer. You say no one knows you are trying to lose weight but it can be obvious if you have changed your habits around people you see everyday. At least you have encouraging friends. It could be MUCH worse. If I were you I would take them up on their offers of friendship and support.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yea. I think we all have those days. Maybe weight today and next week my big feet. 100 years from now it wont bother you a bit.:flowerforyou:
    Just use it for motivation. Do what you have to do to get what you want to get. It'll be o.k.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're being oversensitive at all. Everyone has a bad day sometimes, and that's what places like MFP are for.

Also, I don't work out with anyone else either. I don't want to feel like I have to maintain interaction, nor do I want to be around other people that I actually like, when I'm dripping with 10 pounds of sweat!

As far as the body by vi girls, I'm sure they mean well... sometimes we just don't realize when we're being insensitive.

Tomorrow will be better, I promise! :flowerforyou:
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the others: I think you are projecting your fear onto other people. It might sound New Age-y, but we get back what we put out, so basically, if you are churning out these insecure thoughts then it will seem that the whole world is "proving" them. How to fix this? Change your thinking. Much easier said than done (I know, I am in the process of slowwwwwwly changing mine) but it CAN be done! Best of luck!