How many other marathoners are on here??

Options
Just curious how many other runners are out there, how many marathons have you done, are you training for more?? I have done 2 and training for my 3rd and I love doing halfs!! Any one else?? :-)

Replies

• Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a runner - I've done seven half's and I'm training right now for my first triathlon. I've never done a full, though.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've run 2 halves and running my next on Sunday. Hoping to beat my PB by 5mins - aiming for Sub 1:50!!

I love distance running, love the training and all that time to think.
  • tigtigs
    tigtigs Posts: 52
    Options
    brookepenni:Thats an awesome goal...My PR for a half is 2:14...but my times are coming down pretty quickly lately...spending more time on speed during my short runs and its making a huge difference!! And I too love the time to think and I love to listen to my worship music!! Shampres: That's fantastic about your tri...I have always wanted to try a tri...but have yet to do one...I am sure I will eventually!! Good luck with that!! :-)
  • mail704m
    mail704m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love running, have run 3 fulls and many halves. 1/2 PR is 1:42, and won't say my full, but over 4... Run the 1/2 regularly, a few a year, last one was 20 May!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm a new runner, but I am training for a 1/2 in February.
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love running...

5 fulls done and now training for NYC marathon... so excited about that one. Qualified for Boston this May so hoping to get to run Boston April 2013...

Happy training :happy:
  • cmh806
    cmh806 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have done 19 and 1 ultra (50K). I will be in full training mode starting next week for the NYC marathon in November, Dallas in December and Houston in January.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've done 4 fulls and a couple halfs. Started doing duathlons (run, bike, run) last year and became hooked! Did a half ironman duathlon last weekend, 6 hrs 24 min wth a very hilly bike course.
  • RockCandyMelts
    Options
    I'm a sort-of-new runner training for my first half in January! I ran a lot in high school (2 years ago), mostly through my various soccer teams though I did a few 5ks and 10ks. I got pretty out of shape after a string of injuries and illnesses, though, and am training for my very first half as a way to have fun and get back in shape!
  • tigtigs
    Options
    I can see I am in some pretty great company! Good luck to all of you doing the Boston and NYC!! I would absolutely love to even qualify for one of those! That would be so amazing to be a part of one of those! I do several halfs a year as well...I love to run...I love the challenge and the constant negotiations that my brain has with my legs~ on all of my long runs especially! Competing against yourself is the biggest challenge you can throw out there! Like one of my running friends always reminds me..."whether you think you can or you think you can't...you're right!!" Running is 99% mental...you don't have to go out and do your PR on every run...you just have to get out there and run!! No excuses!! :-) Happy Training all!
  • tigtigs
    Options
    I'm a sort-of-new runner training for my first half in January! I ran a lot in high school (2 years ago), mostly through my various soccer teams though I did a few 5ks and 10ks. I got pretty out of shape after a string of injuries and illnesses, though, and am training for my very first half as a way to have fun and get back in shape!

That's awesome...a semi-new runner...still trying to figure out what works for you...and looking forward to your first half! Once you do your first half you will likely be hooked...that is the way it works...and then you will want to try for the full!! Have a great time training...may I suggest you throw a 5k and 10k into the mix before your half to keep you training and interested...since Jan is pretty far away!! :-) Good luck!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Training for my first full marathon (November).
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I've ran 6 halfs and will run my 7th next weekend. Hope to do a full the end of summer next year (2013). Just mentally preparing myself for all the long training runs. :laugh:
  • jamie_maine
    Options
    I've done 3 full marathons, the last one was in 2007, and seven 1/2 marathons, the last one last fall. I just decided to run my fourth marathon this fall. Training will be difficult since I have a very active 2 year old, may need some support.