Any ideas or ol wives tales about becoming pregnant?

Options

Replies

• JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Instead of taking your husband to the doctor, how about you get yourself tested for fertility? It's not always the mans fault. Also, stress plays a great factor. How stressful is your life on a regular basis? And then adding the "omg I can't get pregnant!!" stress will just make your chances plummet. Eating healthy is always recommended. Also, have you ever considered fertility drugs?

You do realize that a SA is far less evasive than what women go through.

I am sorry you're going through this. He really does need to see a doctor if you have done all you can at home. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great read. We used it to successfully prevent pregnancy for 2 years and then after the twins were born for a bit.

ETA - What I meant to say was that I learned a lot about my body by reading that book.
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through this. It's so, so hard. And I'm nervous for you reading all of these opinions, because it's so different for everyone, and there are SO MANY factors at play. Don't get too caught up in anything you read. I hope you get a child soon.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Remember in the big lebowski when julienne moore holds her knees up to her chest and lays on her back after sex? Yeah, that works. Hence my son.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    After trying for months, I finally bought an ovulation test kit. Found out I was ovulating differently than the average woman. It took 1 month after that and I was pregnant.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Old wives tail: missionary sex then hold your legs up in air or against wall pointed up in air for 10 to 15 mins to trap sperm lol. Well help them along. But I would still beg hubs to see a doctor
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    There are some forums called 'Fertility Friend' they have a tracking app, and some of the most helpful women ever... go there.

It's a fantastic source of information.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You don't need an old wives tale, you need your husband to go to the doctor. Clearly, you've done your part, it's time for him to step up and do his.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    Stand on your head after sex.
    to avoid pregnancy: Do naked jumping jacks right after...
    After telling my 16 year old neighbor that I could hear him in his room with his girlfriend, please tone it down, it's creepy. I was told during the discussion that there was no real reason to "wrap it up" when ^^^ was all you had to do.
    I see a reality show in that kids future.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Before jumping to conclusions and thinking there is something medically wrong with one of you and then spending money on a doctor, please read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. If you can do things at home, without spending much money (you'll need the book and a good thermometer), seems the smart way to start. Good luck.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :blushing: what worked for us was a 9 month deployment and VODKA, for #2 it was a 4 month deployment and RUM.
    also after "nooky" raise your legs and tokus in the air (or prop up on pillows) for like 15 minutes to get his "little salors" all the way into your "well". but just remeber if the "salors" cant swim your out of luck:blushing:
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Aside from the hubby .... are you having a regular cycle? if so tracking your days should be fairly easy. If not Id see a Dr since youve been trying for over a year. My husband and I tried on our own for a year with no luck (i have irregular cycles) and was diagnosed with PCOS, tried for another year on drugs still no baby. I doubt this is the issue for you but You could go and then be able to say to your husband "I went, got checked out and now its your turn." Dont guilt trip him of course just show him youre willing to do your part and hope he is as well.

a very good wesbite/forum I loved during my pregnancy and attempt to concieve after our only child was born is babycenter.com SOOOOOO much good info on trying to concieve, very support group of women and then even more info and support when you DO get pregnant :) Best of luck!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My inclination is....if he's not willing to go to the doctor, and have them look at a sperm sample under a microscope.....he's not going to do well with any pregnancy, delivery, childcare situations either.

If he really wanted a child, he would seek advice from a doctor.

This.
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I second (or third) the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's amazing how well you will get to know your body and cycles through reading it.
    I've got a handful of friends with fertility issues (in the female part of the couple) who had great success with acupuncture if you're open to alternative ideas. good luck!
  • VAPeters
    VAPeters Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to conceive our second baby it took 9 months which looking back isn't long but I was getting worried....I also have a history (PCOS and endometriosis) anyways my Doctor had me eating salmon, avacados and anything that was a good fat! I also saw an accupuncturist and was pregnant within 6 weeks. Maybe coincidence but worth a chance.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Try natural family planning. We have used the temperature/symptom method for 16 years and have been able to have 5 kids and also avoid pregnancy now that we are no longer planning any more children. Good luck!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head...as far as men are concerned he should be keeping his testicles "cool" as in not sitting in a hot tub etc. Hot balls= no spermies, some actually use this as a natural contraceptive. Vitamin C= good for men, not for women. Thats all I got for now, happy baby making!
    Hot balls= no spermies.....haha. :) I am sure this is correct, not medical but there has got to be some truth to it.
    Yes, it is actually medically recognized. Although I'm sure they word it differently.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I thought the test consisted in having happy alone time into a cup and handing it to the doc ...

Anyway, my advice if he just won't go is to stop trying. Just have sex and don't think about getting pregnant.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    It took us over a year to get pregnant.

Don't have sex constantly. I know that sounds dumb, but the more you have sex the lower his sperm count gets. When we were having trouble the doctor told us to try every other day not every day.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Do you have a regular cycle? If so, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, follow the system, and see how it works for you. If it doesn't work, probably time to see a doctor.

I second this. Also, less stress. It seems like the minute you stop stressing about it, it will happen.
  • inraptorswetrust
    inraptorswetrust Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If he's too scared/proud to go to the doctor he probably isn't the type of man you should reproduce with.