Replies

• drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check that out for sure.
  • dixieangeln
    dixieangeln Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba for the 1st time last week.. it was my 1st exercise class ever and I was so uncoordinated..but after the first couple songs I was getting better and honestly no one cared--everyone was laughing and moving and no one was perfect--except the instructor--we all just tried to follow her-- it was fun!
    I bought a Polar 4 HRM yesterday so when I go to my next Zumba class this week I can track the calories burned ;)
  • NEWBABY4LIFE
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA. I AM THERE EVERY TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND SAT AM....
  • dsgros
    dsgros Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I love zumba. I have been doing this for months and I am exercising but I don't feel like it. The instructors make it fun and no one cares what you look like ot what you are doing as long as you are trying. Keeip it up.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Zumba is so fun! I love it :)
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    LOVE ZUMBA! As far as finding a website to track calories burned, I recommend getting a heart rate monitor with chest strap. I used Zumba calories. com website before I had an HRM and it said I was burning upwards of 900 cals. When in reality I burn about 640 in 60 minutes
  • smileyface_2510
    Options
    i am doing zumba 3 nites a week in my town. does anyone know how much of calories u burn in 1 hour of doing zumba i tried to find it and can't

Try this site http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Thanks I needed that Info also !!!
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love It!! There is a girl on Youtube that I do at home everynight, I've never sweat more, even at Zumba classes as I do with her classes. Plus can pick my own songs I wanna do and mix it up/ Shes awesome!
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! It is how I have lost the majority of my weight. I burn between 600-850 calories per my hrm I wear. I go 3-4 times a week. I am constantly recruiting my friends to go with me. Add me if you want another zumba buddy.
  • smileyface_2510
    Options
    Dont have the classes where I am :( But I did Purchase the dvds and recently got addicted to them!!! My goal is to become a Zumba teacher!! Ive researched everything I need to do to become one ...I will succeed lol
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    Watch out, it becomes an addiction! I now do Zumba 5x a week when my work schedule allows! LOVE IT!! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    Zumba intimidates me lol I see the other ladies doing it and I just think I'm not coordinated enough and I'll look like a fool. I did tell myself it's my next benchmark reward though.

If you have a gaming system, get the Zumba2, don't know what it is called on x-Box but it is the same "dances," and workout by yourself. I did that and then my job had a health and fitness day where they had a Zumba class, I was able to keep up. In fact I was one of two people (we were older) who could keep up and finish the entire class.
  • Lyndseed
    Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I usually go twice a week; it's the only cardio exercise I've ever really enjoyed.

I was shy and intimidated by the class at first, so I went with a friend. At it turns out, there were ladies from 16 to 60, and from very fit to overweight beginners. When I first started going in February I would follow some of the older ladies... smaller movements, bouncing instead of jumping, stepping instead of stomping, and so on. Now that I've lost a little weight and I'm fitter I can keep up with the instructor a lot better!

I've also tried the game for wii... I know lots of people like it, but I was disappointed. For me it's just not as fun as going to class.