Scales off...which to trust???

Options
Ok, so there's two sets of scales in my house...one is digital and was bought about 2 years ago...the other is an old school non-digital scale that is older than I am (I'm 23). The digital says 188.2 and the regular one says 182 and a half...I always though the regular ones were more correct, but since this one is older I'm not so sure...

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't agonise over it. Pick one and use that one to track the changes.
  • MemFox
    MemFox Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue.. My scales are old school ones, and i dont think they are accurate.. But my weight loss is acurate. So regardless of my actual weight i know that I am indeed losing..Simply stick to one set of scales while on your journey.. I've weighed myself on the chemist scales, and at my parents place and gotten 3 differnt results.. I stick my trusty old scales..
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree with ruby. As long as you use the same scale to track your weight, it doesnt matter. I had two scales myself...one digital and one old school one. Numbers were off by quite a bit but to avoid the unnecessary stress I had a feeling it might cause me, I got rid of the old school one right away. I prefer digital because it includes ounces.