Chalean Extreme

Options
vsetter
vsetter Posts: 558 Member
Hi there. So I am thinking about purchasing Chalean Extreme. But before I do, I am wondering what type of equipment I will need? I am going to have to really pull together to be able to purchase the videos, I don't want to have to spend too much more on other stuff.

Obviously weights are required, but I am also wondering what weight range is used? Maybe I have enough here already :)

Thanks.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 you will need enough to make you fail in 10-12 reps at slow form. For phase 2 its 6-8.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    How heavy of weights do you think I will need? I am not currently doing any lifting, so I will be starting from the girly beginning. Thanks.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are capable of. What I can say is that if you plan on using weights you bought for Jillian videos, you're in for a real shock. Jillian doesn't have you lift heavy Chalene does. Chalene herself on phase 1 (where you lift lighter) uses a range of 15-30 lbs for most exercises. For Phase 2 she goes much higher. She uses a set of adjustable dumbbells that go up to 52 lbs throughout the series and in Phase 2 she comes close to maxing it.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I use anywhere from 5-15
    However, I also wear weighted gloves that are 2lbs, so the range is actually 7-17 when I'm lifting.
    This works for me.