Drinking leads to eating

Options
So I'm usually quite good at self-control, but all of that goes out the window when I drink in any capacity. Then I just want to eat everything (and usually do). Does this happen to anyone else??

Replies

• emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    there is a reason for this, but i forget what it is. lol. its a real reason though, after consuming alcohol you crave the fatty fry up foods the next day. also when drunk your are more uninhibited so tend to stuff your face without care.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sucks.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Yes. Also leads to me eating super fatty carbs. Taco Bell doesn't call it fourth meal for nothin.
  • elizabethl27
    elizabethl27 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yes, drinking right now! but nobody's perfect. as long as i keep my drinking in moderation, as well as eating..i'm not going to be too hard on myself. everybody deserves a fun night (no matter what anybody else here says, i'm going to enjoy myself!)
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    me for sure!
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Drinking only leads to more drinking for me. haha I have to make sure I eat something before a night out because I usually don't eat anything during that time. I do crave milk when I get home, though. Probably 50% because it feels good after (usually) having to yell to talk and 50% because it helps prevent hangovers/headaches the next day for me.
  • debbiedoo1986
    debbiedoo1986 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    if you are just referring to drinking regular beverages before and after eating anything..then yes, it happens to most people!!! drinking before is not as bad as drinking after you eat. what happens is the liquid goes down and turn the food you just ate into more liquid which makes it go down faster and digests it alot faster. I had gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago, and at the support group meetings, that is what the nutritionist who ran it, told all of us not to do!! she said to only drink a half hour before you eat and a half hour after!! that way it gives you a little bit to digest the food first and to go slowly as well as your appetite will come back slower than expected! also, another tip i learned..drink a lot of hot stuff if you can!! not hot chocolate or anything fatty, but like low sodium chicken broth, or some kind of tea. the hot liquid will help dissolve the fat in your body!
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too - and for the whole following day - I crave carb rich fatty foods :sad: