Need high protein recipe low carb - liquid only

Options
JB5349
JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
Hi everyone,

I have an infection in my parietal gland at the side of my face, on antibiotics but the dr said that for the next four days I am allowed only liquid food only.

I typically am on a low carb diet with high protein, I can hardly open my mouth to put a spoon in..... please send me suggestions. I already made leek and potato soup with soy and chili (that I have had to puree) It is going to be a long three days

Oh yeah, not allowed to have dairy it interacts with the effectiveness of the medication

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Protein shake? Protein plus almond or coconut milk (low carb) with some fresh fruit in a blender with ice. Soothing and filling.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Protein shake? Protein plus almond or coconut milk (low carb) with some fresh fruit in a blender with ice. Soothing and filling.

Most protein shakes are whey protein, which is a dairy product.

There are non dairy proteins such as pea and soy.

To be honest, it's only 3 days, do what you need to do to get better and get back your usual diet ASAP. 3 days isn't a lot of time in the grand scheme of things.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes I'd concentrate on getting healthy again - that's your priority right now.

Lentil soup?
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am guessing you are taking a macrolide or fluoroquinolone by your need to avoid dairy and other divalents (calcium, magnesium, etc.)

Tough call, supplementation is probably unavoidable unless you are into blending up lean meats. I would just go with an essential amino acid powder (not just a bcaa powder) for the course or use an egg protein powder (hard to find, may have some minerals)

It's usually ok to take in dairy a full 2 hours after the antibody dose (most of the antibody gets absorbed by this time). Did they tell you it was okay to space them out?
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Nope missed that, ended up making leek and potato soup with soy and chill and ran it through the blender - kinda sucks but hopefully this will get better quick
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have an infection in my parietal gland at the side of my face, on antibiotics but the dr said that for the next four days I am allowed only liquid food only.

I typically am on a low carb diet with high protein, I can hardly open my mouth to put a spoon in..... please send me suggestions. I already made leek and potato soup with soy and chili (that I have had to puree) It is going to be a long three days

Oh yeah, not allowed to have dairy it interacts with the effectiveness of the medication

Egg drop soup
    Jello and drink it before it sets
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Egg drop soup
    Jello and drink it before it sets

^^This. My Italian grandmother used to heat up chicken broth and put in a couple of whisked-up eggs and stir them while they cooked in the broth. YUM!!
  • tristanathan
    Options
    You could see if anyone around you is a Team Beach Body Coach. Team Beach Body now has vegan shakeology. It's a little higher in carbs than typical protein shakes, but they are fully rounded meal replacements. They now offer 3 vegan flavors, strawberry, chocolate, and green berry. I sell them, but you wouldn't receive it quickly enough to have it now. I'd put out a post asking. Just a thought.