HRM help!

Options
Hi guys.
I really want a HRM but I was wondering if it's possible to have one that comes with a chest strap, that only requires you to wear the chest strap and not the watch as well? The only reason I'm asking is because I do MMA and were not allowe to wear any watches or such, but I'd really love to know how much I burn!

Many thanks :)

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Um, The chest strap and watch work together.. and without the watch to record the data, the strap is useless.

If you have pockets you could stick it in there or try to loop it around a sports bra maybe.. but you need to have the watch turned on and somewhere near the sensor to pick up the data.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.
    I really want a HRM but I was wondering if it's possible to have one that comes with a chest strap, that only requires you to wear the chest strap and not the watch as well? The only reason I'm asking is because I do MMA and were not allowe to wear any watches or such, but I'd really love to know how much I burn!

Many thanks :)

I don't know of any, but you may have a good idea for a new product to sell to the MMA community.
  • cindylou617
    cindylou617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A phone app/chest strap with phone nearby?
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    There are apps that will sync to your iphone/droid. I don't know what they are but with a little research I bet you'll find them. Also, I have a polar ft4 and I found out the the chest strap syncs to the machines at my gym without the watch!!! Just a funny little happenstance. Good luck!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Have any pockets? Or just tuck the watch part into your bra?
  • Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    http://us.store.endomondo.com/collections/heart-rate-monitors/products/zephyr-heart-rate-monitor-hxmtm-bluetoothtm-1 << I just ordered a Zypher HxM from Endomondo. It uses Bluetooth to communicate with your phone. Reviews are good, but I guess with Bluetooth the big thing is that I can't put my phone in the back of my jersey while cycling (not a problem because I mount my phone on my bike).

I can't wear a watch because the metal on the back of the watch makes my wrist break out in a rash (even with clear nail polish) :(. So I hope this is a good alternative.

There are a couple different ones on Endomondo too, but I liked this one for the price.

There is a coupon too for 10% off: 10million
  • CoralBreeze
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I guess tucking the watch down or attaching it around my sports bra would work, I just didn't know if it had to be on your wrist or not! I'll definitely have to look into it!
  • bfitnbfab
    bfitnbfab Posts: 79
    Options
    bump, since I need to look into this.