losing fat without losing weight??

Options
Hi, I'm getting closer to my goal weight, what I believe is ideal for me, my goal is 115, I'm 5'4 and smalled framed. BUT I still have this pouch of fat right above my belly button and around my thighs! ugh! I just vamped up my workouts to 5 days a week 45 minutes a day, in time will that fate area dissolve? OR is there something more I need to do? Thanks!

Replies

• picimadar
    picimadar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 9 to a size 2 women's without losing a pound. Losing that last stubborn 'female-pattern stored' fat is all about diet. Start fasting.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    eat at maintenance and LIFT HEAVY
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    I would suggest changing up your exercise routine... I am also trying to hit those target areas... what I have found to be slow but effective is weight training (squats and lunges), elliptical, planks, belly dancing.... the pilates planks do work very well .. but again, its been slow going for me, but I can see the progression. I also do try to hit my nutrition marks and my water intake is usually 12 - 14 cups/glasses a day.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    ^^^ THIS
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Cardio first, then muscle strengthening, like calisthenics. As you build muscle it will help burn off the fat but the cardio gets you started. I don't agree with fasting, especially while your exercising so hard that's just a bad idea. But do eat very healthy, lean proteins, and fruits and veggies and LOTS of cold water!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    ^ This!
    Losing that last stubborn 'female-pattern stored' fat is all about diet. Start fasting.

^ but not this!
  • picimadar
    Options
    ^ This!
    Losing that last stubborn 'female-pattern stored' fat is all about diet. Start fasting.

^ but not this!

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I didn't lose fat lifting, and I went from 39% down to 22% (and still going) in 6 months without sacrificing a tonne of muscle mass. Eat smart and that crap doesn't happen.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    ^ This!

^ but not this!

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I didn't lose fat lifting, and I went from 39% down to 22% (and still going) in 6 months without sacrificing a tonne of muscle mass. Eat smart and that crap doesn't happen.

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "eating smart". When you said "fast" - did you mean intermittent fasting while maintaining a moderate calorie deficit? If not, then yeah - I still disagree.
  • picimadar
    Options
    ^ This!

^ but not this!

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "eating smart". When you said "fast" - did you mean intermittent fasting while maintaining a moderate calorie deficit? If not, then yeah - I still disagree.

That was exactly what I meant, actually! IF can be an amazing tool for fat loss, especially if paired with heavy lifting!