Questions about my workouts

Options
I need a little help. I have an apple body type which means I carry most of my weight in my midsection. I have lost a total of sixteen lbs over the past 2 1/2 months. The first month I lost a total of 8 inches off of my waist and hips but over the past month I have not lost any more in those areas even with a weight loss of 5 lbs. My workouts generally consist of a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio on either the elliptical or the treadmill followed my alternating days of upper body, lower body, and core strength training. Depending on my schedule I work out 3-5 times a week. I am happy with my progress so far but would appreciate any suggestions on how to get rid of this stubborn belly fat. Should I be working my core everyday or do those muscles need time to repair.

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Belly fat is affected moreso by diet than exercise. Diet is key. Evaluate "what" you are eating, not just how much.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!! Unfortunately you cannot do any workouts to spot reduce... No matter what you do, the fat will come off in the places it wants to first. All you can do is keep pushing and it WILL eventually come off there. But truthfully, if that is where you carry most of your weight it will probably be the last to go. Doesn't happen for everyone, but whatever shape we are it is that way for a reason! I carry most of my weight in my legs and I have fat that just won't budge still. But you just gotta keep at it. Cardio and strength is the way to go so you are doing good. Just maybe switch up the type of cardio you do and make sure you keep lifting heavier and heavier.
  • mmarshall425
    mmarshall425 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice. Guess I will just have to be patient and keep doing what I am doing.