Good food court stuff!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Love the Taco Bell Fresco Menu! It is SO good and I don't miss the "fatty" stuff at all. The only thing is it IS pretty high in sodium but if you make it an occasional thing and watch your sodium the rest of the day, it isn't too bad. I had the Fresco Zesty Chicken Border Bowl today. Yummy and very filling!

When I am at a mall, I usually do Taco Bell or Subway! :) It's always good to know where you can get lower calorie/fat meals while out.

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Love the Taco Bell Fresco Menu! It is SO good and I don't miss the "fatty" stuff at all. The only thing is it IS pretty high in sodium but if you make it an occasional thing and watch your sodium the rest of the day, it isn't too bad. I had the Fresco Zesty Chicken Border Bowl today. Yummy and very filling!

When I am at a mall, I usually do Taco Bell or Subway! :) It's always good to know where you can get lower calorie/fat meals while out.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I don't t hink I have ever heard of that before. Is it something new? The new mexican food combos?
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Fresca just means they leave out the bad stuff no cheese and sour cream. Don't touch those new fiesta platters they are advertising on tv I looked them up and they are over 1000. I can't remember exactly but I know I will never have that. I got the veggie sandwich from subway and they put so many veggies on it I did not even miss the meat. It was really good and spicy.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    There are menus at Taco Bell with the nutrition of the new fresco items or you can look online to have an idea. Yeah, a lot of the stuff there is still VERY bad for you but these new items are great. The Border Bowl has chicken, beans, rice, lettuce, tomato and a fresh salsa. You don't even miss the cheese!

I am the same at Subway. You get all the veggies on it and you don't even taste the cheese if you do get it. It's very easy to eat lighter nowadays.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos look pretty 'innocent' hehe:smile: I haven't had one yet, mostly because I don't like to go out to eat that often (broke lol). If I go somewhere like that, I'll usually just get a salad with all the crummy stuff taken off; at Wendy's if you get the grilled chicken salad, for a buck extra you get a TON of extra chicken.
  • whitearrow
    Options
    Hi,

Two of my favorite choices for fast food --

-- Carl's Jr.: Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich, side salad w/fat free Italian: 420 calories / 5 grams of fat

-- Jack in the Box: Chicken Fajita Pita with salsa, side salad w/low fat Balsamic dressing: 375 calories/ 14 grams of fat