2 NSV'S sort of......

Options
Jkc9059
Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
1. Crazy but that is the way I am:
I have been pondering this the last few days....I have an addiction...So here it goes...Hi my name is Kim, and I am addicted to my scale. (This is where you all say, HI, KIM!) I get on it in the morning, and before bed, and if it catches my attention as I pass by. It frustrates me, it makes me cry, I think it lies... anyway I had my husband hide it from me back in February that lasted about a day..You would of thought it was crack and I couldn't live without it. Anyway in order for him to tolerate me and be able to live with me he gave it back...so the saga continued... so here is what I have decided... I am doing my weigh-in on Monday my official weigh in day..I am then giving my scale to my friend at work who is going to take it home with her 40 miles away...she has agreed to keep it and not return it for a month. I can and will survive this... Wish me luck!!

2. The hubby and I went to JcPenney last night and I bought some new workout pants... they were on sale for $7.00, I love a good bargain. Guess what? I did not buy them on the plus side...got home tried them on....THEY FIT!!!!!!!

Replies

• artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck with breaking your scale addiction. I, too, am addicted to my scale and used to let it dictate my mood. It's important to note that one's weigh naturally fluctuates throughout the day. I weigh myself so much that I actually have my fluctuations down to a science and can predict what my daily weigh-in will be. Good luck with the first point and congratulations on the second point. It's great to shop in the missus section.
  • dizsolvedgirl
    dizsolvedgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HI KIM!!!

good for you.....not only do I love a good bargain, but I love being able to buy from the regular sizes. I'm just hovering between both departments and find that I have even less options.....waiting for the day to be on the "other side" full time.

and you are so strong to give up the scale. I am an everyday weigher and while I consider it a "check in" and I can handle small spikes up and down, but over all I'm wondering if it's doing more damage than good. While I've not gone to your extreme, I've not weighed myself since Monday and have looked at but not stepped on that little rascle every day.

You can do it, and I'm looking forward to your check in at the end of next month! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • alikrorp225
    Options
    Congrats on your purchase! I bought some workout pants about 6 mos. ago in a size large. I was SO glad when I put them on the other day and they fit! I'm finally getting out of the XL and plus sizes myself. woohoo! It's a great accomplishment and you SHOULD be very proud! :)

I've already told you about my equally frustrating scale addiction. We can break it! It does not rule us!!
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kim. I thought you were going to say that you went to JCPenny and bought another scale. :bigsmile: Congrats on the "They fit" thing. It's a wonderful feeling.

PS. No sneaking over to Walmart or JCP to weigh on the display scale. Bwahaha!
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Flyer you are hilarious...however sounds like something I would do! Thanks for all the support! I will post on August 1st how the month goes..

If anyone wants to add me please feel free to send me a request.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you on the scale addiction, I too must weigh all the time. I weigh in the morning at least twice to make sure it is the same and if I have gone down must weigh one more time to let my scale track the progress. I weigh at night to see how much away from my morning weight I am to see if I could possibly go down by the next morning. I did however go on vacation for Memorial Day and did not take my scale. I was able to stay on track and maintain my weight by staying completely active and eating what I wanted but in moderation. Congrats on the workout pants, that's awesome. I am getting to the point where all of my skinny clothes are now to big so I have to deal with my "what size am I?" crisis and force myself to believe I am now a 10/12! I can't believe it, lol. Keep going and all the best to you in your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!