6 mos - 5'11, 212lbs to 188! WITH PICS!!

Options
laurastrait21
laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
my name is Laura, and I am a bona fide WEIGHT FLUCTUATOR!! I've been up and down my whole life, but recently gained weight in college from poor eating habits. Way too much caffeine and alcohol, stress eating, and not enough exercise! I know how to exercise, I am a former competitive swimmer, and I know how to eat - I am starting my dietetic internship in August to sit for my registered dietitian exam! The key was learning moderation, and that I needed to take the time to make healthy changes for myself. I do not want to be a chubby dietitian, but I think my own struggles with my weight make me very relatable.

This picture was taken on my birthday - August 21, 2011. Needless to say .. I was HORRIFIED and untagged immediately! I had to go searching for it on facebook this morning! I was not weighing myself but am guessing I'm pushing 220. I started MFP at 212 on December 24, 2011.
mfpbefore.jpg

And most recently, a couple days before my 6 month MFP anniversary! Today I weighed in at 188.2 lbs.
mfpafter.jpg

My goal weight is 170, so updates to come on my one year!!:drinker:

I have been RELIGIOUS about logging - even when I'm bad!! I usually net 1500-1600 cals a day, but definitely have at least one "cheat" day a week. I am human and have slipped off the wagon a few times but I'm so excited to make this a lifestyle and not beat myself up for messing up on a weekend, or a vacation, or during a stressful time!

I adore all of my MFP friends and credit them so much for my successes and would love to be friends, especially if you have similar stats -- however, please introduce yourself in a message!

Replies

• tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    You need to change the IMG to img
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    woops!! there we go! :laugh:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you girl :smile: You've done an AMAZING job!! Can't wait to continue watching your progress :drinker:
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    amazing progress hun!
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    awesome work!
  • meljane28
    meljane28 Posts: 17
    Options
    Congratulations! This is inspiring!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Good job! You're looking good :)
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    You're looking GREAT! Ugh, lucky you're tall lol. I'm short so it takes longer for weightloss to show on me. But you look amazing!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome! Actually, you look cute in both pic but congrats on your weightloss!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look so much happier in the second pic. Even though you're smiling in the first one, the smile doesn't reach your eyes like it does in the second one. My weight has fluctuated up and down since I was in high school (21 years now....yikes, I'm getting old!). When I look at photos of myself now compared to photos from my senior year (right after I had lost 45-50lbs--from 195 to 145ish), I can see a HUGE difference in my demeanor, even though I'm smiling in both photos.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the good work.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started (again) with similar inspiration. I has lost 50lbs before my wedding and slowly put it back on settling into married life and topped it off with baby weight. Just saw a picture of myself and was horrified. Your story and pictures are a great inspiration, especially as my goals are about the same. Shows me I can do it! Thanks so much for sharing, you look incredible!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats on your hard work!
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!:smile:
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look great! WTG!! :) Good luck with your dietician career!
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    wow! You look GREAT! Congrats on your success and thanks for the motivation! :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    woohoo -you look great. Congrats on the weight lost so far. Keep it up, and you will hit that goal in no time.
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I am 5'11 too and I wanna look like you.....!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!