BODY FOR LIFE

Options
I just found some information on this book. It looks like what I've been trying to do on my own as far clean eating and a little cardio with weight lifting, but this has more detailed info. Has anyone read or tried this program? Do you have any before and after pics?

Replies

• Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have the book and have been trying the lifting method they use. I like that part of it :) My uncle did the program and looked AMAZING afterward. He was able to keep on it too, and has maintained the lifestyle for about 10 years. Sorry.. I have no pictures...
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I did body for life about 8 years ago, great program, went from 240lbs to about 170lbs in 10 months! It was easy to follow. I still follow the eating plan for the most part, but am doing different workouts now.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I started Body for Life in March and lost 14 inches in just one month. I did the plan exactly as they outlined, but I didn't not trim my diet as much as they require. I have GI issues so eating alot of meats and dairy is hard for me, but I still do the lifting program now and I am still toning up nicely. I'm currently 197 lbs, I gained 6lbs of muscle in 2 months. My before/after is my profile pic. I prefer Body for Life over New Rules of Liting...........
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    The companion book "Eating For Life" is equally awesome. Great recipes and pictures to help. I really need to get back to following that......... :smile:
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have the book and have been trying the lifting method they use. I like that part of it :) My uncle did the program and looked AMAZING afterward. He was able to keep on it too, and has maintained the lifestyle for about 10 years. Sorry.. I have no pictures...

What should be done is you print out the workouts for a week, for 12 weeks. Put them in a binder and go to the gym. Fill out the sheet as you workout.

thanks for all the tips, do you know if they break down a good meal plan too?
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    body for life is good - but an even better view is put out by www.knivesoverforks.com

That documentary is amazing. Im not quite to the level they suggest, but Im getting closer.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    body for life is good - but an even better view is put out by www.knivesoverforks.com

That documentary is amazing. Im not quite to the level they suggest, but Im getting closer.

thanks, I will check this out when I get home!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I started Body for Life in March and lost 14 inches in just one month. I did the plan exactly as they outlined, but I didn't not trim my diet as much as they require. I have GI issues so eating alot of meats and dairy is hard for me, but I still do the lifting program now and I am still toning up nicely. I'm currently 197 lbs, I gained 6lbs of muscle in 2 months. My before/after is my profile pic. I prefer Body for Life over New Rules of Liting...........

thanks Ms Coles, you go girl! After seeing your pics, I'm def. getting the book!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    The companion book "Eating For Life" is equally awesome. Great recipes and pictures to help. I really need to get back to following that......... :smile:

thanks for this info, I'll be getting this book too!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I think it's an excellent program and from what I've seen and read lot's of people have changed their bodies and health with it. I think MFP is the "best" I've found for support but as a way of working out, I think BFL is good. There are things I learned here that have helped me be more consistent although I did drop my "plan" for a few years I am back now and doing well.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I like the Body for Life workouts. Don't really follow the eating plan at all and I know quite a few people like me who do the workouts but don't bother with the food. I like that the workouts are simple enough that I can do them at home (I do have a quite extensive home gym) and the system really keeps my heart rate up as well. Oh, I don't use the cardio workouts at the moment, either, but just because I am working on a different goal in that area. So, yeah. I just use the upper body and lower body strength workouts.
  • kabeard1
    Options
    Do you have a good estimate of the calories burned for BFL lower and upper body workout? I want to enter these into MFP and have been guessing. With the reps and the timing required to follow the program it ends up being very cardio so I have been considering it about equal to 40 minutes of brisk walking....any thoughts?