Migraines Figured Out.....I think

Options
Well, I think the doctor finally figured out what was going on with my migraines!!! At least I hope so.
Turns out they were triggered because I quit taking my anti-anxiety medication without consulting the doctor. I will NEVER do that again. I had a MASSIVE migraine and vomiting for 10 days!!! I was miserable. I have never felt like that before. I am not one to throw up so for me that was something new. I was ready to chop my head off!! So she put me on Topamax, Maxalt, anit-anxiety med and nausia med. I couldn't really count calories for those 10 days because I really didn't eat due to the throwing up. I would eat a little but it wouldn't stay down so I didn't know how to count it. So I guess I will just start over tomorrow. Thank goodness for tomorrow!!!! Thanks to everyone that sent well wishes and advice. I truly truly appreciate it!!!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, I think the doctor finally figured out what was going on with my migraines!!! At least I hope so.
    Turns out they were triggered because I quit taking my anti-anxiety medication without consulting the doctor. I will NEVER do that again. I had a MASSIVE migraine and vomiting for 10 days!!! I was miserable. I have never felt like that before. I am not one to throw up so for me that was something new. I was ready to chop my head off!! So she put me on Topamax, Maxalt, anit-anxiety med and nausia med. I couldn't really count calories for those 10 days because I really didn't eat due to the throwing up. I would eat a little but it wouldn't stay down so I didn't know how to count it. So I guess I will just start over tomorrow. Thank goodness for tomorrow!!!! Thanks to everyone that sent well wishes and advice. I truly truly appreciate it!!!!!!

Memaw
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better. I used to get chronic migraines when I was 15-19. My doc put me on Prozac (of all things) to control them and I never got another one. I got pregnant and had to stop the meds. I still have yet to have another migraine **fingers crossed**!!!! My hormones are playing a huge roll on my headaches too. Hopefully I dont get them again when I stop breastfeeding.
  • madiposa
    Options
    :noway: WOW THATS STRANGE! well I hope you feel better!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope that helps!!! WOW - glad you're back!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    So glad you got that figured out!

Thanks for posting and glad to have you back.

Have a great day!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Finally some relief!!!! So glad to hear you are feeling better and things are looking up! :drinker:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you went to a doctor. Good to see you again. :bigsmile: