Tracking everything-order

ok, So is there an order in which to watch everything?
I mean, is anyone more important?
I was tracking these :
calories, fiber, fat, protein, cholesterol and sugar.

But after reading some stuff, thought maybe I needed to watch my Carbs. But it wont let me add it.

So is anyone of the ones I am tracking less important (for lack of a better phrase). I am assuming some people are going to say it is different for everyone, and I understand that. But in general, can anyone say?

thanks

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    This is my opinion...
    Sugar, Cholesterol, Calories, Fat, and Protein are all very important things to track, to me anyways. I would get rid of the Fiber and replace it with Carbs or something. But that's just me.
    At the end of the day, you can always change what you're tracking a few times to see where you stand as far as everything goes, and then change it back to whatever you want to track :) That's usually what I do.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 639 Member
    I'm a vegetarian so I don't need to track cholesterol (don't eat eggs often) but I am tracking sugar because that's my downfall. I'm tracking calcium to make sure I get enough since again rarely eat dariy products so my calcium comes from other sources.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Switch out sugar for carbs. Sugar is included in total carbs.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    I track Carbs, Sugar, Protein, Fat and Sat Fat.

Sugar and Sat Fat are there just to see how I am doing. I used to track Sodium, but to be honest, I don't think anyone in my family has been diagnosed high blood pressure and I don't see them eating anything that I eat. When I was tracking Sodium, I was pretty much panicking about what I was eating and it was becoming a pain and hard to find food I enjoyed without so much Sodium. If I go over, I go over and drink tons of water throughout the day anyway.

Protein I like to make sure I hit my goals. Fat, I'm not too fussed about going over in fats, but it's good to keep track and see what foods I am eating contains high amounts of fat and see what I can do about it to lower my fat intake on certain days. Carbs, mainly to just make sure I am under and my Carb to Protein ratio for each meal isn't to messed up.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252

Confused about this part? can you explain?
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    If you are using the iPhone app all of that information is already there for you. From the home page just look under the DAILY tab and it will give a breakdown of everything.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 359 Member

Confused about this part? can you explain?

Sugar is a carb so it would be tracked/included with your carbs.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    I usually track Sugar, Sat Fat, Cholesterol, Sugar, Protein and Calcium.

You can always swap out your categories in setting and then use the orange button at the bottom of your diary page to generate a report. I do this occasionally to spot check sodium, iron, potassium and fiber.

I think sugar is important, not just because I have a family history of diabetes... but because there is so much hidden in so many foods. I have a sweet tooth and like a snack so I really watch things like tomato sauce and yogurt and the like.

I gave up tracking FAT and decide to track SATURATED FAT instead. I've come to the conclusion that healthy fats are an important part of your diet, but keeping an eye on the Sat Fats is probably wise.