Ladies....HELP!!

hgirl1021
hgirl1021 Posts: 115
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Sorry if this is a little personal, but looking for some help.

I'm pretty new to this site, so still reading LOTS, but I've been exercising (after being disabled from it for the last 3 months) for almost 2 weeks now and have changed my diet from 'whatever' to logging every morsel and staying within my 1200 calorie range daily. I'm 26 y/o, I'm drinking my 64 oz of water daily and I feel great, i'm energetic and losing weight on schedule so far. I'm 2 weeks away from my TOM, but i started spotting today. never had any problems before, never been pregnant and i'm not having sex. Do you think this has something to do with my lifestyle changes as of late? Is it a bad sign??? Anyone else have this problem or have any insight ??
:indifferent:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    it is normal for your cycle to be "upset" when you start a new exercise routine, increase an existing exercise routine, eat too much or suddenly restrict your calories. I wouldn't be too concerned unless the spotting doesn't go away, and as a caution, it NEVER hurts to give your doctor a quick call, usually their nurse will call you back and answer your question for you :wink:
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    It could also be when you start to lose weight your period becomes irregular because your body is used to pumping out hormones for your starting weight. Then when you begin to lose weight, you're body is pumping out more hormones than you need.
    Once you begin maintaining your weight, it should slack off.

But like the other poster said, it never hurts to call your doctor.
  • Nich0le is right. A little spotting is natural when you change habits like that. Also, depending if you're on contraception, your natural cycle will spot sometimes through your medicated one. And again, if you're nervous, it never hurts to contact the doctor to double check.

268598.png
  • Thanks guys. You ease my thoughts some, and I think i'll give it some time and see if its just a phase of getting used to all the changes (good ones of course!). And i am on BC...so it def could be what you suggested bikinggirl. Thanks again!:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    you should be just fine. when i was 26, i had the same thing going on and they just changed up my pills. no biggie. however, i would just take a month or two to let your body adjust :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.