Calories per day.

Options
2»

Replies

• katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It seems as though everyone I stumble upon has a goal of at least 1500 net calories per day. It's probably due to the fact that I'm trying to lose 2 pounds per week instead of 1. But I was wondering if anyone else is/was in the same boat(or has advice) and thinks this is unhealthy?
    I try to eat healthy and stay under my calorie goal. I started out at 200 pounds about a month and 2 weeks ago, and now i'm down to 186 so I know that it's working in the scale weight sense. I just don't know if this is healthy or if it's going to cause a plateau later on.

Any advice? (if my horrible rambling hasn't already driven you away/confused you all)

I think that you're doing really well, I've not lost a lb...haha I started at 201 but I'm not disheartened!
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    Okay, my rambling is awful. Haha.

I have a Net Calorie goal of 1200, which I think is unbelievably low. Everyone else seems to have 1500+ which seems to be the appropriate. I'm losing weight, but I don't think 1200 is healthy.

Sorry, I should have specified my net calories as well.

I'm on 1200 to lose 1lb a week, it's also probably because I', very short so I naturally have a lower BMR. I burn about 200 cals a day doing excersize though, and I eat that abck, so I end up with more like 1400 :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Okay, my rambling is awful. Haha.

I have a Net Calorie goal of 1200, which I think is unbelievably low. Everyone else seems to have 1500+ which seems to be the appropriate. I'm losing weight, but I don't think 1200 is healthy.

Sorry, I should have specified my net calories as well.

I have a net of 1200 and i find it hard to reach it. Matter of fact, i havent reached it yet! Check out my food diary if you like! Add me! I just weighed for the first time today, and ive lost 7.4 pounds in 5 days! and im not hungry at all!
  • una48
    una48 Posts: 43
    Options
    Actually I started eating healthy at the beginning of march, but didnt calorie count or anything like that. Only recently joined MFP. Still dont pay much attention to the calorie counting, my diary helps me be more aware of what I have eaten, and the food groups. I had tried for three days, and went beserk on biscuits out of hunger. Never again!