Hello from a Scottish Newbie

Options
Hello everyone:happy:

My name is Mel and I have finally decided to stop going up a dress size, and start going down instead! So far so good, I am restricting my calories and trying to work out for about an hour a day. Not always easy but I am determined. I can already see my tummy shrinking a little after a week. My big weigh in is tomorrow so I am hoping for some happy numbers on the scales.

Where are you all from? Is everyone from America? I am gradually getting to grips with weighing in pounds instead of kg, I am sure this will be a good learning curve as well as a slimming one

Mel
xx

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hello everyone:happy:

My name is Mel and I have finally decided to stop going up a dress size, and start going down instead! So far so good, I am restricting my calories and trying to work out for about an hour a day. Not always easy but I am determined. I can already see my tummy shrinking a little after a week. My big weigh in is tomorrow so I am hoping for some happy numbers on the scales.

Where are you all from? Is everyone from America? I am gradually getting to grips with weighing in pounds instead of kg, I am sure this will be a good learning curve as well as a slimming one

Mel
    xx

Hi there Mel and welcome to MFP. I live in the Niagara Region in Ontario, Canada. My family descend from Scotland ... I was the first Canadian born into the gang ... I still have quite a few relatives living there. It's a beautiful green country from what I remember ... I haven't been there since I was 9 years old (which was a couple of years ago ...LOL). I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. It's been an awesome weight loss tool and the people here are extremely helpful and supportive.

Maggie P.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi Mel,
    My name is Pam Welcome to the site. I am from the USA (california to be exact) You can do this I know you can. Hoping you have the best of weigh ins tommorro. Remember one pound lost is just one more that you dont have to lose. Cherish the little victorys because its all the small ones that add up to make a big one. :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,719 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel,

Welcome! I haven't been here long, but I love it already. Good luck with your goals (and getting used to weighing in pounds).

I live in the Pacific Northwest (near Seattle), but I have Scottish ancestry. So does my husband. He's a McLain, and my relatives are McFarlanes. I've never been to Scotland, but I hope to visit some day. One of my family's favorite artists is from there. Are you familiar with Paolo Nutini? We have tickets to see him here September 19. It will be our third time seeing him live. I guess you could say we're fans. :love:

Jill
  • mika24
    Options
    thanks everyone for the warm welcome:happy: This looks like a good forum I am having fun looking all around it
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel
    Welcome scottish newbie I am from the uk as well and I am newbie as well and yes this forum is so good you will enjoy it here and good luck you can do it:flowerforyou: