Crystal Light? Opinions?

Options

Replies

• AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Crystal light makes me thirstier, like it dries my mouth out, but I do like the flavors. But it works for a lot of people and seems to be pretty successful. I'd give it a try. I know I always liked the lemonade or mixed berry flavors :-)

I've found this also, but I still like it. Although, because of the calories and how much I was drinking, I've stopped.

Then I went to SoBe zero calorie water, but drank so much that my body swelled because I'd over-hydrated.

so it's back to regular water. LOL
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I actually like the great value(walmart brand) version of crystal light better then the real thing. I know... bizarre, but this is one of those times where the no brand is actually better then the original. The cherry lime-aid, cherry and fruit punch ones are amazing!
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If it gets the water in, use it.

I typically use one mix-in packet for about 32oz of water in my little water jug that I refill two or three times a day.. I'm oddly sensitive to the taste of water. Prior to my WLS, I LOVED Evian.. loved it loved it loved it.. it tasted sooo good.. after surger, I couldn't choke it down for a hundred bucks. I only drink filtered or purified water now.. occasionally straight from the tap (my water is softened so it doesn't taste as bad as it could..) but I couldn't possibly get water in plain all the time..

Do what works for you!

If you just want flavor, though, and can live without the sweetness -- try True Lemon, True Lime and True Orange packets.. it's dehydrated, granulated citrus juice and it packs a punch! I used to keep packets of True Lemon and True Lime with me all the time.. I can't find them anymore but they are great at making ucky water drinkable!

Stef
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am not a water drinker and CL was tremendous in getting me to drink more fluids. It does something funny to my teeth, though.

It's the acid in it... Last time I went to the dentist for a cleaning, she asked me if I drink a lot of Crystal Light. I said, "Well, I like to add it to my water at work, so yea, during the week I drink it at least once or twice a day." And she said she could tell because it's one of the drinks that causes a lot of acid erosion on teeth and she sees it with women a lot. She suggested that after drinking it, that I rinse my mouth out with water to wash my teeth off, or cut back on drinking it all together.
  • gatacinco
    gatacinco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not a water drinker and CL was tremendous in getting me to drink more fluids. It does something funny to my teeth, though.

I was having the same problem! So I stopped drinking it and I got SweetLeaf stevia flavored drops.
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I get a strange taste from Stevia.. kind of like crushed aspirin..

I like agave though.. that doesn't give me as strange an aftertaste..
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a filter for your water? Also, the chlorine smell goes if you put water in the frig or even in a jug on the counter. Do what you have to do to get the water in!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light has artificial sweeteners and chemicals in it too, so it's probably no better than drinking diet soda. It's just a matter of trading one vice for another in that sense.
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Try mixing lemon juice with water. It adds flavor and is better for you.
  • buudharich
    Options
    Other options are Propel Zero and Lipton Tea & Honey.

Huuge Propel fan. Sold dry at Cosco or Sam's. Save on the plastic waste and use one bottle.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light all the time, I don't like soda at all.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    try lemon or lime ... juices are great and help with water retention
  • tilliesmom9
    Options
    Crystal light lemonade+1 cup diet 7up+1 cup tequilla+ice= Yummy Margaritas!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    my friend sent me mio and crystal light. loved it. I'm so sad it's nearly all gone! it didn't seem to effect my weight loss and turned .mw from 2-4 glasses a day to 8-12... Surely the benefits out weigh the cons! I also drink a lot of no added sugar cordial with artificial sweeteners. I'm 72lb down so it can't be all bad! x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

oooooooooh... Yum! ♥
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is the BOMB DIGGITY. Period. Probably not great to drink every single time you drink water, but it definitely helps to change things up and keep it interesting.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

WHOA. That sounds delicious!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light daily :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a better tasting water alternative, check out your local grocery store. Most have a water filling station where you can fill gallon jugs of water for like... 10 cents a gallon. My mom reuses old milk and Arizona tea jugs and just drinks that in the summers when the water starts tasting funny. She'll fill up five or six at a time and just put one in the fridge to pour herself some water.

As for Crystal Light, I never like drinking stuff like that. Lots of chemicals and artificial things. Once and while it's fine, but I try to avoid it as a regular part of my diet.
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drink one serving of Crystal Light per day. My body can't handle more than a glass of it, though, or else I encounter some serious intestinal pain and bloating. I LOVE the Green Tea Peach Mango flavor; it was my flavored non-alcoholic beverage of choice long before I started watching my calories. It does a great job of satisfying any desire for sweet (which has been a weird craving lately since I've never had a sweet tooth).

I usually have the CL in the evening. If I want a drink with flavor during the day, I just do what the others have mentioned and squeeze in a slice of lemon or lime into a glass of water.