need a good book.....suggestions

Hey I need a good book to put on my kindle any suggestions? I have read 50 Shades trilogy ans Hunger Games series as well!

Replies

• Just Listen by Sarah Dessen is a really good book; actually, anything by Sarah Dessen is quite good.

What did you think of the 50 shades trilogy?
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    not without my daughter... one of the best I've ever read...
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Depends on what you like:

Historical Fiction: Conn Iggulden "Emperor" series...it's about a fictional account laced with a lot of historical insight of the life and times of Julius Ceasar...love it
    Paulo Coelho "THe Alchemist" Will take some deep thought, be careful though...the book is a very simple read, you really have to dig deep to pull out some jems.
    Victor Villasenor "Rain of Gold" - My absolute altime favorite.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Well, there are a few that I just read:

Backstage Pass and Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning
    Crash into You and Still into You by Roni Loren

I think that I am going to read the Melt into You just to finish off that set and then I am trying to get my hands on the Alice Clayton "Redhead" books. They are apparently funny and erotic... sounds like a good time to me :)

There, that is my addition to your summer reading list! Thank me later ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Harry Potter (is that available for Kindle yet?)

I just started Anna Karenina because the movie is coming out soon and it's quite good (and a free download).

Les Miserables is one of my all-time favorites.

Look me up on www.goodreads.com (rml_16). My whole list is there.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
    It is a really good read, it has vampires and history but it is more like a mystery. I really enjoyed it, it kept my attention all the way to the end.
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    I just finished the 50 shades trillogy last night, also did the hunger games awhile back, I need a new book for my kindle too what type of books do you like?
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Still Life With Crows by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Those are my favorites
  • Depends on what you like:

Historical Fiction: Conn Iggulden "Emperor" series...it's about a fictional account laced with a lot of historical insight of the life and times of Julius Ceasar...love it
    Paulo Coelho "THe Alchemist" Will take some deep thought, be careful though...the book is a very simple read, you really have to dig deep to pull out some jems.
    Victor Villasenor "Rain of Gold" - My absolute altime favorite.

Another vote for The Alchemist. Everyone should read it.
  • dannalison
    dannalison Posts: 3 Member
    Humor: :laugh:

A Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Walk_in_the_Woods

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Christopher Moore
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb:_The_Gospel_According_to_Biff,_Christ's_Childhood_Pal

Both are "laugh-you-to-tears" funny.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Ohh...this is one of my favorite topics:

*The Language of Flowers
    *Double-Bind (Fabulous and the ending will blow you away).
    *Witching Hour (Anne Rice, an oldie but a goodie)
    *Inconvenient Wife (another one where the ending will blow you away)
    *Defending Jacob
    *One Thousand White Women
    *The Descendants
    *What Alice Forgot (cute, lgihter reading, but still poignant)
    *Anything by Ann Patchett
    *Historian, Elizabeth Kostova (an "elegant" vampire book, fabulous)
    *We need to talk about Kevin
    *Sarah's Key
    *The Space Between Us

And hundreds more.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    I prefer to read "trash", LOL! Maybe check out the Dark Lover series by JR Ward?
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,237 Member

Yes and you get to read them for free if you have amazon prime :)

I think I'm getting a kindle for my birthday on Sunday. Pretty excited for that...
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    There is a book called No Excuses...Best book I have ever read. If you need help with motivation that is the book to read.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    It is a really good read, it has vampires and history but it is more like a mystery. I really enjoyed it, it kept my attention all the way to the end.

That's one on my favorite list too!
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    I'm all over the place with my reading tastes. I'll essentially read anything, so I'm loving all these suggestions.

Some recent likes of mine include:
    World War Z - it's set up like a historical account of the Zombie apocalypse (there is a movie coming out with Brad Pitt)
    Game of Thrones series
    Anything by Jennifer Weiner - great chick lit

Also, Jennifer Weiner on twitter keeps recommending a book called "I Couldn't Love you More", which I just put on my Kindle last night. She has praised it repeatedly.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I agree... it does depend on what you like...

I forgot I'm on the third book of the Emperor Series that SVCat mentioned... that's a good series... I personally like historical fiction the best... Though I do like PS I Love you and the Something Borrowed books (one of the only books I read before the movies came out)... White Rose Rebel by Janet Paisley is a good one... so is the Dalriada trilogy by Jules Watson... I also enjoyed The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Wier.

edited for spelling
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member

That's one on my favorite list too!

So glad to see this! This book is on my bookshelf, but as yet unread. That'll be the next one I read.
  • Neequie
    Neequie Posts: 48
    ANYTHING by Mitch Albom. LIFE CHANGING. Seriously. My 2 favorites are Have a Little Faith, and The Five People You Meet In Heaven. And No, watching the movie is NOT the same! Keep in mind that although these books have a religious undertone (but I PROMISE they are not preachy!!) I am an Atheist, and I LOVE these books and read them repeatedly! Happy Reading! ;-)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

Yes and you get to read them for free if you have amazon prime :)

I think I'm getting a kindle for my birthday on Sunday. Pretty excited for that...

I might add, only if you have an actual kindle... having Prime and a kindle app on another device (such as the iPad) does not work.... I tried.