food network

Options
hmmmm
hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
I love the food network. Seeing them make all that food makes me try to incorporate the food into a healthy version for me.mY favorite show is dinner impossible. But my favorite cook to watch is paula dean (kind of funny though because I know I will never cook or eat anything she makes). I would probably need a bypass after one meal of hers. Most people would think it would make me hungry to see all this food but it actually makes me want to cook healthier after seeing all that butter. Does anyone else watch and what is your favorite show.

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love the food network. Seeing them make all that food makes me try to incorporate the food into a healthy version for me.mY favorite show is dinner impossible. But my favorite cook to watch is paula dean (kind of funny though because I know I will never cook or eat anything she makes). I would probably need a bypass after one meal of hers. Most people would think it would make me hungry to see all this food but it actually makes me want to cook healthier after seeing all that butter. Does anyone else watch and what is your favorite show.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: Paula Deen!!!
    She is HILARIOUS!
    Her dinner party show is so much fun.
    Dinner Impossible is a good one too.
    I always watch Iron Chef.
    I basically watch all of them but my main ones are Paula, Giada, Ellie & Iron Chef.
    I sometimes catch The Barefoot Contessa or whatever that show is called.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love the food network. I watch it while on the elliptical a lot! (kind of funny!!)

Paula is great!!! I live vicariously through her when she's eating all that fatty food!! Her passion for it is great.

I also like Everyday Italian and sometimes the Barefoot Contessa. They both make some GREAT dishes!

BTW, I am also an HGTV and Travel Channel addict!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I :heart: the Food Network!! Iron Chef America, Good Eats, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and now the Ultimate Recipe Showdown. Always makes my hungry, but fun to watch and learn new techniques and new combinations. We also like Unwrapped. Good stuff!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Paula Dean is a hoot! But boy, I know what you mean, her dishes are a heart attack waiting to happen! I love to watch Gialda too....who doesn't love Italian? Emeril, now this guy can make some really weird stuff....but I find it all interesting. I just wished I loved to cook as half as much as they do.:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Everyday Italian is where I got the Genovese-style Artichokes recipe that my husband loves.
    She makes such yummy things.

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I LOVE food network...but most of the time it's the ONE thing that will get me thinking about eating dirty! I don't watch it much anymore....after Paula's foot-tall apple pie, I just couldn't take it :sad:
    But I do like Good Eats because I'm a science dork!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    If watching the Food network makes you hungry, try flipping channels in between commercials to Dirty Jobs on the discovery channel.:sick: I just did and completely lost my appetite....EWWWWW.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I LOVE food network...but most of the time it's the ONE thing that will get me thinking about eating dirty! I don't watch it much anymore....after Paula's foot-tall apple pie, I just couldn't take it :sad:
    I forgot about Good Eats!!
    He is awesome!

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    If watching the Food network makes you hungry, try flipping channels in between commercials to Dirty Jobs on the discovery channel.:sick: I just did and completely lost my appetite....EWWWWW.
    I have a crush on Mike Rowe!!:blushing:
    Very handsome guy and his voice is.... :bigsmile:
    Big fan of Dirty Jobs.

• catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    My sister in law introduced me to Paula Deen a couple of years ago, at least her shows. I saw her on an Oprah show last year and she was making something with a tub of butter, a bag of sugar and a hen house full of eggs. Oprah made a comment about it being so high in calories, fat, etc (this coming from her connection with Dr. Oz, he was either there the day before or day after). Anyway, Paula laughed and said, "I'm your cook, Honey, not your doctor."

I personally like Racheal Ray, especially that show she does called, "Travel for under $40 a day" or something like that, where she travels to well known spots and tries to find some local fare to enjoy. Also, I love the artistic side of the cake decorating competition. I cannot watch shows like "No Reservations" where some freak runs around exotic places on earth eating slugs and seaweed salad.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    My sister in law introduced me to Paula Deen a couple of years ago, at least her shows. I saw her on an Oprah show last year and she was making something with a tub of butter, a bag of sugar and a hen house full of eggs. Oprah made a comment about it being so high in calories, fat, etc (this coming from her connection with Dr. Oz, he was either there the day before or day after). Anyway, Paula laughed and said, "I'm your cook, Honey, not your doctor."

I personally like Racheal Ray, especially that show she does called, "Travel for under $40 a day" or something like that, where she travels to well known spots and tries to find some local fare to enjoy. Also, I love the artistic side of the cake decorating competition. I cannot watch shows like "No Reservations" where some freak runs around exotic places on earth eating slugs and seaweed salad.
    I love No Reservations!
    Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals is awesome.
    I'm just a food network junkie I guess.:laugh:

• SoupNazi
    Options
    Big fan of Dirty Jobs.

He is pretty hot...lol. I think he's quite funny too. But I actually watch it for its educational purposes:laugh: :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Big fan of Dirty Jobs.

He is pretty hot...lol. I think he's quite funny too. But I actually watch it for its educational purposes:laugh: :wink:
    Um... yeah.. ME TOO!:laugh: :tongue:
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love to watch Good Eats and anything with Bobby Flay, especially Boy Meets Grill. He's always cooking some sort of steak or prime rib or other delicious cut of meat. It's fun to try to adjust the recipes to a more healthy version.
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Alton Brown made an apple pie on Good Eats the other night. I can't wait to try it (with some healthy substitutions, of course)!