Insanity, is it for me? NEED HELP.

Options
2»

Replies

• donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    NO! Insanity is not for you. Insanity exercises are plyometric- meaning you work out by way of fast and explosive movements movements. (i.e. jumping). These exercises are meant for bona fide althetes looking for an alternative to cardio and a easy at-home alternative to help tone their muscles. When you start trying to get into shape, things like insanity could be detrimental to your muscles and bones. You have to build before you can perfect. Doing something like insanity after you've been sedentary for a prolonged period of time can easily result in muscle strains, if not more serious injuries. It would be very unfortunate to take one step forward then end up ten steps back because you're having to recover from these exercises. Making this a real life style change by starting off with some simple cardio is definitely the way to go.

Thank you for your answer VERY helpful!!
  • donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their advice!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I can only echo what others have said. Its not a beginner workout. Try something like 30 day shred or walking or c25k. Good luck :-)
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would suggest do some working out prior to starting insanity.It is a really intense program,you have to take a "fit test" before you start...if you can get through that then it would be ok.I did it but had done Turbo Fire,Ripped in 30,30 day shred ,and more workouts before I did INSANITY.It was tough,but I made it the 60 days and lost some weight and inches.