28 day progress pictures :) It's working!

Options
rmarshalla
rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
Hi!
I used MFP last year and had some good results but got away from it for almost a year. :(
On June 1st, 2012, I started to use MFP again (woohoo!)

I have been tracking my calories really well.
I measure everything I eat when at home and make good decisions out at restaurants. (TIP: buy a food scale!! What you think is a "small" gala apple (154g) is probably more than that (usually ~200g) and those little extra calories add up! It's made a big difference in the accuracy of my tracking.)

I have been exercising for at least one hour every day and wear a Heart Rate Monitor to track my actual exercise calories.
I haven't lost much "weight" yet according to the scale (well, maybe up to like three pounds but it fluctuates with water weight and such...). But it seems like I'm loosing fat!

Today marks 28 days (four weeks) that I have been eating intelligently and exercising and I can see a big difference!
I know now that "weight" doesn't matter, rather, inches! Muscle weighs more than fat and I have obviously lost fat and gained muscle because my size is down even though my weight isn't changing much yet.
This has given me hope!

Here are my pics. On the left is June 1st, 2012 and on the right is June 28th, 2012. They are in the same jeans.

5f189t.png

Be healthy, be well! <3
Thanks for looking,
ttfn,
Rámana

Replies

• LavaRoushFiveOh
    LavaRoushFiveOh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up!
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • rmarshalla
    Options
  • weightloss06
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Nice work!!!! You have given me inspiration that just because the scales might not be moving the tape measure can. Awesome job, keep it up!!!!!
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Really nice job. And yeah, measuring is a definite must if you're trying to loose some. I measure everythiiiing.

Your post has actually given me hope, I'm like you where i've lost a few pounds here and there but it fluctuates a lot - but I've been eating (mostly) no more than 1,200 and exercising almost every day! So I'm hoping that I'm just like you where I've lost some fat and gained some muscle!
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB..
  • rmarshalla
    Options
    Thanks, everybody!! <3
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You're doing wonderfully! It's easily noticeable that you're going in the right direction. Scales can be evil!

Keep it up; you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!