Fiber one bars...good or bad 4 u?

Options
curvykim78
curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
What's your thoughts on the Fiber One bars? I have the chocolate & oats ones, but I'm wondering if they are considered good for you (fiber) or bad since they are prepackaged and processed?

Replies

• Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Oh, this should be good! i'm just going to sit back and enjoy the fireworks
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are the new chocolate chip brownies are YUMMY.

Shouldn't be that bad in moderation blah blah blah :smile:

I have nothing else to say since I don't eat as clean as a lot of other people on here :I
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    lol i was about to have the very same one for a snack. good enough for me :wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    They contain chikory root aka (inulin) .... Yikes!

I can't eat these .... and be around others.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If you eat more than 2.. you'll be able to steer wayward ships away from the rocks, with your butt. Do not consume them around open flames.

LOL- I try to not consume them on Yoga days. Otherwise, I enjoy them. I figure that they are better than a family bag of peanut butter M&Ms which was my preferred "snack."
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Yeah the chicory root always gets me. If I have a fiber one product, it's always on a Friday or Saturday night because I walk outside the next morning so, after discretely looking behind me for other walkers or bike riders....:smile:
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time. Once I started watching carbs/sugar I had to be more selective in my snacking.
    Fiber One bars have 10grams of sugar and 29 carbs.

Now I'll have a hard boiled egg for a snack. or half an avacado. or a piece of dark chocolate 85% (not that good) but I did lose the last 10lbs- praise the Lord! I can do all things thru Christ who strenthens me- even eat right :smile:
  • brennadanyelle
    Options
    I would say so! When all I weighed was 170, I ate them as snacks for about 2-3 weeks and didnt excersize and lost 6 pounds!
  • stacywei70
    Options
    I have eaten one of these daily now for the last 9 months( 90 calorie ones) and I have lost 61 lbs to date. I absolutely love these bars, it's like my own secret candy bar! As for how good they are for you, don't know and really don't care since they are so yummy!:happy:
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you eat more than 2.. you'll be able to steer wayward ships away from the rocks, with your butt. Do not consume them around open flames.

I brought a box home from work once (it had come in bulk and the box was totally white--they weren't for resale) and for some reason, when my husband came home from work very late that night, he snacked on half the box. BAD IDEA.

The next day at work I got an email from him that said he was up all night with a stomach ache and basically lived on the toilet from those new bars I bought...He didn't realize they had all that fiber in them. Ha...maybe that will teach him for eating half the box of something!
  • KateHill1981
    KateHill1981 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars and many other "added fiber" foods contain inulin. Inulin makes me super gassy. I was eating quite a few fiber one bars a week. I try to avoid it and get my fiber from shredded wheat and a fiber supplement I buy from walmart. You should look up inulin and decide for yourself.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like them. Better than most candy bars and still get a sweet kick. Good alternative in a pinch.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Don't eat more than one, trust me you will regret it.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You could heat your home with the natural gas caused by these fart bars. But they do taste yummy! :)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I brought a box home from work once (it had come in bulk and the box was totally white--they weren't for resale) and for some reason, when my husband came home from work very late that night, he snacked on half the box. BAD IDEA.

The next day at work I got an email from him that said he was up all night with a stomach ache and basically lived on the toilet from those new bars I bought...He didn't realize they had all that fiber in them. Ha...maybe that will teach him for eating half the box of something!

:laugh: This reminds me when I bought some high fiber cereal blend that was meant to be sprinkled on top of regular cereal for a fiber boost. My cereal addict husband ate two big bowls of it and he couldn't figure out why he was very ill that night. It wasn't until I saw the empty box that I figured out what happened. That will teach him to eat all my cereal! :laugh:
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    For me; they make me bloated...TMI?

They taste yummy, but I find that good ol' fashioned oatmeal (not the prepackaged kind) is a lot better for you. Add a banana or an apple and you have a healthier breakfast.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I prefer the kellogg's version- I think they're a good choice for a sweet treat. I have an otherwise high fiber diet and they don't bother my digestive system at all, so I like them.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Well, I can tell you that they are bad for ME. I don't know about you, but the pain in my stomach from the gas they give me is unbearable. I'll get my fiber from an apple and save the pain. They are tasty though.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

:laugh: This reminds me when I bought some high fiber cereal blend that was meant to be sprinkled on top of regular cereal for a fiber boost. My cereal addict husband ate two big bowls of it and he couldn't figure out why he was very ill that night. It wasn't until I saw the empty box that I figured out what happened. That will teach him to eat all my cereal! :laugh:

My brother-in-law has a similar story involving fiber one pancake mix lol.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Don't eat any, they are just insulin spikers in wrapping paper... grab some beef jerky and an apple!