Exercising while camping?

Options
embclark
embclark Posts: 186 Member
So I am a DVD/wii exercise person. In a few weeks I will be going to our camp and am looking for exercise ideas...

I plan to try to run, but as I have never run a day in my life, I don't want to count on that! What are some suggestions?

I have an iPad, but no Internet at camp. Is there something I can download and do while I am up there? There is a river, but it's pretty shallow in front of our camp.

Help please!

Thank you!

-emily

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    The obvious answer is hiking or trail running. Enjoy!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You could do what I did last camping weekend and pitch your tent on an earwigs nest. You'll burn plenty of calories running around screaming in the middle of the night.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    fishing, canoeing, hiking, walking,.....
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Hiking! That's what hubby and I plan on doing when we go camping in a couple of weeks. I'm runner, but he told me I was going to take a break from running for the weekend.

Also, biking if that is something that is possible for you to do and take with you.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You could do what I did last camping weekend and pitch your tent on an earwigs nest. You'll burn plenty of calories running around screaming in the middle of the night.
    Oh my goodness!! How awful! Although I must say it creates a comical mental image! :tongue:

How long will you be camping? I would agree with the hiking/walking bit, and bike riding if you're bringing one along. Or just relax & enjoy the time off, especially if it's only for a few days. We camped for a week earlier this month, and I had planned to run at least three times - only managed it once. LOL But, we walked everywhere, rode the bike a little, so still active.

Have fun!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    fishing, canoeing, hiking, walking,.....

^^^ + swimming, water sports
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Hiking and calisthenics
  • rustyfla
    rustyfla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    chop wood...seriously.....good workout