Am I eating too many calories/too few?! Getting confused!

2»

Replies

• amyonkman
    amyonkman Posts: 25
    oops!! wrong one!! Its 2207! hahaha! makes more sense now! I was like O my word I can never eat! :tongue: I think I'll try to stick around the 1500-1700 area and not freak out if Im not right on one number
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    oops!! wrong one!! Its 2207! hahaha! makes more sense now! I was like O my word I can never eat! :tongue: I think I'll try to stick around the 1500-1700 area and not freak out if Im not right on one number

That sounds better. 1500-1700 would be a 500-700 cal daily deficit which is great. You could even go by weekly cals and have a 700 cal deficit a couple days and a 300 cal deficit a couple days, like the other poster said. Sounds like you have it figured out!
  • amyonkman
    only took a little while ;) thank you SO much for your help! really appreciate it!
  • guildwars1987
    guildwars1987 Posts: 73 Member
    Stick with what MFP tells you and get a HRM (heart rate monitor) with calorie calculator on it. Add the calories that you've burned to the exercise group and put it under P90X. Enjoy your extra calories!
  • oops!! wrong one!! Its 2207! hahaha! makes more sense now! I was like O my word I can never eat! :tongue: I think I'll try to stick around the 1500-1700 area and not freak out if Im not right on one number

Bingo!!! :happy:

Again don't freak out if you end up one day at 1300 or another at 1800. Use the 1500 - 1700 as your target. If you crash during a workout know that you're likely not eating enough. You'll know when you feel it. It's not being very winded where you need to take a break for 30 secs then go again. You'll literally not be able to recover mid-workout even if you rest 2-3 mins you'll crash again. That = Need more food (fuel).

Oops and one last little calorie tidbit. If you're not doing the recovery drink I'd recommend that as well. If too pricey drink low-fat chocolate milk immediately following your workout. 100+ calories in a cup and helps with soreness. I use a product that's sold at GNC and other health food stores called Accelerade. Has calories that you can add to your target and is good for you.

Good luck!
  • kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    in terms of logging your exercise without a HRM -- complex workouts like P90X are CIRCUIT TRAINING from what my trainer tells me. that's gonna be your best bet in terms of logging, because you're not standing there static and lifting weights, you are doing bursts of cardio in between! search for "circuit training, general" in the exercise database and see how those numbers work.
  • amyonkman
    perfect! Thanks Kristen_Lynn!