How much did you lose B4 You needed new clothing

Options
Just wondering ... I'm 21 pounds down ...clothes that were snug fit nice now so I haven't had to buy anything yet...how about you?

19111718.png

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    For me it was about a good 40 pounds. I was SO anxious to be in a smaller time that it drove me nuts!!
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I lose about 40 as well before I had to get new clothes.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Holy smokes 130! good for you!!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    40-43 pounds
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I am sooo looking forward to it! 40 seems to be the number so far
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't remember, but I had a lot of clothes ranging from the size 16 I was in down to 8's so I didn't have to buy a whole lot along the way except for workout clothes. I am now shrinking out of my old clothes and having to buy some new ones...YAY! Good thing about summer...$5 or less tank tops. I am going to be screwed in Fall/Winter.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    @Brandi my hero:)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I dont have to worry...I have wardrobes that range from size 12 to size 20. I hope to change that in the not too distant future.
  • tiffygrl12
    tiffygrl12 Posts: 40
    Options
    15 lbs but I only went down two sizes
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    I got new jeans when I got 30-40 lbs down... but jeans are weird! They shrink with you!!!
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im short (5'2"), so it takes FOREVER to go down a size. Im a size 20 now and the last time I lost weight, it tooks me almost 50lbs to move down a size. :-(
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I had to after 10-15 lbs, but I've since regained the weight, but not the inches. I'm down 6" in the waist despite being heavier than my start weight. Takes a belt to even keep these pants up so I could probably go down another size. Body changes via the food and exercise.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    It took me about 25lbs before I went from a size 16/18 to a 14 (I was very frustrated). Then it took maybe another 10lbs to get to a 12 where I'm at now.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I find every 20lbs or so I really start needing new clothes

I think it probably depends on height to be honest

If you were super tall - 20lbs wouldnt make that huge of a size difference - however - if you are like 4'10 it would make a huge huge differenc (my friend who is under 5' - 5lbs fluctuates a full size for her)
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am down almost 20 pounds and just bought a smaller size jean. They are a little snug but is motivation to keep going.
  • angelmeanttofly
    Options
    i am only 21 pounds down but it's mostly come of my tummy and my face.[4 inches of my waist} So my pants went from 3x to 2x but my shirts all still fit good.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i needed them at 40, but i didnt get them till 53lbs
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    15 lbs a clothes size, I've gone down two sizes, a belt helps...for a while. But I saw the biggest change while not losing weight, ( was at a weight plateau) but exercising, mostly 30 day shred and biking for me.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Good to see the answers. I was wondering the same. I have lost some 10 lbs and feel no difference
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Lol...1/2 lb. I shop constantly. But every 5-10 lbs on me is about a size.