'the save the planet diet'

Options
I'v been looking through a magazine called celebrity diets. There is one article about 'save the planet diet' which involves not eating any meat, fish, processed foods, white carbs and sugar or fizzy drinks or tea and coffee. This 'diet' claims you can lose up to 7lbs by following this.. It even has a food plan with the article and says even if you only try one day a week doing this you can save pounds... It sounds a bit like a detox which you can do from 1-7 days. I thought i'd give it a go for one day next week whilst i was sorting out my meal plan for the week. I entered the food information for that day, (its on monday, on my diary. So have a look if you want) including the snacks they have for the day my calories would only come to just under 900 which i know is ridiculous.
But my question is do you think its a good idea and if its safe to have my calories that low for just one day a week. You can see on my diary that i have 3 meals a day with 2 snacks, so its not like ill be going without food, i would just like some opinions.

Thanks R x

Replies

• yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You may likely lose the weight in that 7 days, but as soon as you start eating adequate calories again your body will adjust and you'll gain the weight back. I think there are some good ideas to that plan like not having soda, sugar, white carbs or processed food, but lean meat and fish in moderation is good for you, as is coffee and tea especially if you drink it unsweetened.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    even if you only try one day a week doing this you can save pounds

Calorie deficit.
    my calories would only come to just under 900 which i know is ridiculous.

Perhaps they are trying to save the planet by killing off people and reducing the population.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'v been looking through a magazine called celebrity diets. There is one article about 'save the planet diet' which involves not eating any meat, fish, processed foods, white carbs and sugar or fizzy drinks or tea and coffee. This 'diet' claims you can lose up to 7lbs by following this.. It even has a food plan with the article and says even if you only try one day a week doing this you can save pounds... It sounds a bit like a detox which you can do from 1-7 days. I thought i'd give it a go for one day next week whilst i was sorting out my meal plan for the week. I entered the food information for that day, (its on monday, on my diary. So have a look if you want) including the snacks they have for the day my calories would only come to just under 900 which i know is ridiculous.
    But my question is do you think its a good idea and if its safe to have my calories that low for just one day a week. You can see on my diary that i have 3 meals a day with 2 snacks, so its not like ill be going without food, i would just like some opinions.

Thanks R x

I looked at your diary, and you could easily add more calories to it. Why not have an egg? You're eating animal products still anyway since you added in cheese and yogurt. Or have some nuts, a whole wheat wrap or peice of toast with honey, or nut butter (you can get ones that are just peanut/hazelnut/almond etc and haven't been overly processed)
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    [
    [/quote]

I looked at your diary, and you could easily add more calories to it. Why not have an egg? You're eating animal products still anyway since you added in cheese and yogurt. Or have some nuts, a whole wheat wrap or peice of toast with honey, or nut butter (you can get ones that are just peanut/hazelnut/almond etc and haven't been overly processed)
    [/quote]

thanks for the advice, it makes sense, i think i will add something to it on the day. The article expresses how it saves meat and that we are slowly running out becuase of how much we eat of it....
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I pretty much do this, except the sugar. Doesn't necessarily have to be low calorie -- I eat around 2000 calories per day. Maybe I am missing something . . .
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Celebrity diets exist to make people money and to create publicity for the celebrity. 900 calories for one day will not kill you, but you're probably going to compensate subconsciously for that huge deficit by eating more on other days. Diets are hard because your body knows it's not getting enough calories to fuel its needs, so you're hungry. The hungrier you are, the more likely you are to cave. It is wiser, in my opinion, to eat a smaller deficit. It's also easier to not make drastic changes to your diet all at once. There's nothing wrong with eating the way you described except that its restrictive and you might not stick with it.

Good luck.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The secret ingredient in the celebrity diet that Hollywood doesn't want you to know about is called photoshop. I pay attention to what the stars do and try to do the opposite.