Needing some extra motivation

Options
Hey everyone! I've been with mfp for about 6 weeks, so I'm not necessarily new but I'm either needing advice, support, or just someone to help push me harder than ever. I lost a lot of my post-baby weight prior to joining, but this last 10lbs wont budge and I'm feeling super discouraged. And... to be honest I'm sick and tired of hearing the, "You should stop trying so hard, you've had two babies, and you'll never get your body back." from all my family and friends. I know what I'm capable of. I'm athletic, and can kick butt, and I want to start looking like it.

Before joining I didn't really control my calories but I keep a very clean healthy diet. I'm pretty good about keeping around my calorie goals now, and I excersize about 4-6 times a week, running, swimming, circuit training and HIIT. In the 6 weeks I've lost 4lbs and kept it off. I am losing inches (1.5in. in 6wks) and I'm begrudgingly content with simply exchanging fat for muscle now but I still do not look the way I want. Post-baby belly is NOT attractive.

I still secretly want to be my pre-baby 115 weight. (I'm 5'2", so I know this is achievable) I've tried eating more to lose more, and my body doesn't like it. It gives me no grace in any way to have extra calories or empty calories. I feel like I have to be careful about even eating any of my deficit calories too.

Any suggestions? I'm in that last stage and I'm starting to lose the edge that keeps me going out for my 5am runs/swims.

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.