New to this site

Options
:happy:
Hello, My name is Krystal. I live in Colorado. I Have always kind of struggled with my weight. Meanwhile, family and friends of mine have always been rather fit. I feel kind of weird asking for help. But I would love to meet new people and lose this weight i have gained. Over the course of 4 years I was able to lose 60lbs that I had gained from working a lot, but not eating... makes sense right?
I always thought that if I ate less,and worked a lot, I'd burn fat and such. But that didn't happen. I ended up gaining more and more weight. Finally once I reached 210 lbs. (I'm 4'11) I ended up working so much, and eating too little, that it put me in the hospital.
The doctor got me in touch with a nutritionalist, to try and help me out. Turned out I was barely eating 800 calories a day!
Anyways...
I always became a Diabetic, and started to have health issues. On top of that my mother is one for "Thin is in."
and would constantly remind me of my weight. And if I were to put any type of food in my mouth, I would get a lecture.
Ok... I had managed to lose 60 lbs, as mentioned before. Byt cutting down work, and somehow eating more food. (I cannot remember really how I did that.)

But 6 months ago I was in an accident and that caused me to be out of work for 6 months, and on top of that I was put on "Prednisone" 80mg! for 3 months of those 6! I ended up actually gaining back 30 of the 60 I had lost..

So now, I'm back to the beginning, and have returned to work. Unfortunately I've slipped back into forgetting to eat.....

A lot of people I know try to be helpful, but its good to have new friends and meet new folks that are kinda on the same boat and have their own personal advice to share, in order to help...
Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

I'm not exactly sure how to use this site, so any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know what it's like having friends who are all naturally thin, and also a mother who tends to be more ciritical than supportive. Feel free to add me.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Out of 6 kids, I am the Only that struggles with weight! It seems SO unfair! And of course, My friends always seem to be so thin too! It's such a struggle! I'm so proud of you for taking control and doing something about your health!
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh, so sorry for all you have been through. I too know the hardships of prednisone because I've had asthma all my life and I hate it when I get put back on it...I bloat up like a blowfish and eat everything in site! But that's over and now we can do this! 800 calories is too little, and there is more to being healthy than just being thin as you'll find out from this site! Go ahead and add me!:) We'll support each other!
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..:drinker: :love: You have joined a great site..Everyone on here is very supportive and motivate you in every way.. If you would like to add me as a friend I would be happy to be your buddy on here and help you threw your weight loss journey..
    Have a good evening:flowerforyou:
  • italiankrystal26
    Options
    Thankyou. I appreciate the encouragement! A lot of people believe that when people struggle with weight, its because they're lazy or don't do anything, etc. Which I completely disagree! I've been one of those girls who could do everything possible to try and lose weight.... Yet for every 5 lbs somebody else would lose doing half of what I do, I only lose 2! haha...
    It's nice to meet you all. :)
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, i was suprised that you are 27! You look 18 in your pic! Everyone can be jealous of your youthful looks :flowerforyou:
  • italiankrystal26
    Options
    :happy: LOL.... I've heard that, thankyou... It can be a blessing and a curse! haha But I kinda wish I looked a little older. I view age with wisdom, so ya! haha :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)