Venting and Comfort eating

Options
Shanta1983
Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
Me and My girlfreind just broke up and I cheated and ate a big bowl of ice cream ouch...It hurts I only burned 928 calories but w.t.h tommorrow a new day..I'll be okay ..I will not let this sabotage all I have work hard far no MFP I cant turn to food for comfort..I have came to far to let this harm me.I love me more:cry::cry: :frown::brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry....There is nothing I can say to make that better but i'm here for ya and I will say a prayer. But man, 928 cals what kinda cardio do u do?:tongue: Keep up the good work!
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    I'm sorry....There is nothing I can say to make that better but i'm here for ya and I will say a prayer. But man, 928 cals what kinda cardio do u do?:tongue: Keep up the good work!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: 17.5-18.0 miles per hour 45 minutes of cycling
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the breakup. :( We all know food doesn't fix anything, but it sure does make feeling bad a whole lot more bearable.
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Sorry about the breakup. :( We all know food doesn't fix anything, but it sure does make feeling bad a whole lot more bearable.

I know:sad: :cry: :brokenheart:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Shanta, Sorry to hear about the breakup.
    You have been doing an amazing job so far.

It's going to be her loss. There's many other people out there that you will find.

Think about getting healthy, and showing off that hot body that you worked so hard for.:drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Shanta, Sorry to hear about the breakup.
    You have been doing an amazing job so far.

It's going to be her loss. There's many other people out there that you will find.

Think about getting healthy, and showing off that hot body that you worked so hard for.:drinker:

• SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    A broken heart is stronger than a heart that's never loved.

You're stronger, wiser AND healthier than you were before her. And you will continue to gain strength and wisdom on your path to greater health. If you focus 110% on Shanta, true love will find you. :flowerforyou:

I think everyone is entitled to a little pick-me-up treat when faced with heartache....as long as the treat doesn't become "treats" :wink:

"This too, shall pass..." and your heart will heal with time. There are things out of our control, but we can always control what we do to our bodies.

~Big Hug for Shanta~
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm sorry, Shanta. :cry: That really stinks. It's never easy getting over someone, but you will.
    On a positive note, I'm glad to hear you're cycling. As you know, that's my favorite cardio.:wink:
    Hope you feel better soon, sweets :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Thanks sdawgw and Sky I know its your favor ite....Im so hurt you guys but I'll be okay and you right this to shall pass:cry::flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    ((HUGS))
    Sorry :flowerforyou:
    I think we all know in our logical mind that comforting eating won't solve our problem, mend a broken heart etc..but it's still difficult not to overeat during sad/stressful times
    My advice it to stay out of the house and stay busy with friends/family..working out etc

Hope you feel better soon
    One little slip doesn't mean anything...

Kim
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    It probably sounds stupid but when I had a hard time with my ex-husband, exercising was a huge sense of relief for me. I could escape my head for a little while and afterwards I would feel strong instead of even more upset.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time of it.:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: