zumba cals burned?

I have zumba for wii and doing the online calculator,it says I burned 268 calories on med. intensity for 37 minutes........ here's the site calculator for it http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Is this right? I sweat more doing 27 minutes on the treadmill but it says I do 100 calories less. Which is right? Is it zumba because I am moving more of my body? Thanks

Replies

• nancymt83
    nancymt83 Posts: 5 Member
    I burn about 400 calories during an hour class of Zumba. I don't know how a class compares to doing Zumba on the Wii though.
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    me neither.. that's why I was hoping someone who has done the wii version to write. I'd rather zumba than treadmill any day! I have to get a hrm to help!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I find that zumba calculator thingy overestimates, and would be tempted to trim a bit off.
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Not sure about the wii, but MFP said i burned 600 cals doing 60 min class. I got a HRM, did a 45 min zumba class & then a 45 min zumba toning class & the HRM said I'd burned 746!? I don't think that the MFP is to bad if u put it down as dancing or aerobics. But the only way to know is a HRM, as this is going on what your body is actually doing, not based on a formula.