Hi, started 3 days ago...

Options
Hi, my name is Lynsie, I'm a compulsive eater... or that was the old me, I need to keep reminding myself of that. I got on the scale last weekend and saw the number that I said if I ever reached I would just let myself die... well, I changed that mindset, that 250 lb mark is my "New Me" mark. (I have never EVER told anyone, even my doctor, what I weigh)
I've been chubby/fat/morbidly obese since I was in my teens, I hit puberty, and gained weight. Then in my mid-20's I found out I have Crohn's Disease and was put on round after round of steroids, which, if you don't know about them, they make you eat, and eat, and eat... your always hungry. I hit 220 then, and I told myself I wouldn't let it get higher, then at 230, I told myself when I get to 240 I would lose weight, well, that mark flew by (it actually took a few years, but it still happened) and I just nudged the 250 mark (250.4 lbs) and I took a good look in the mirror, and I hated myself... I don't mean just dislike, I mean HATE. I was always cranky, the glass was half empty, and I looked around and a lot of my friends had deserted me too. So when I looked at myself, I decided that I wasn't going to let it get me, I was going to become a person others would be jealous of, instead of looking at me with pity or disdain.
So now, I'm am going to change for the better. I will start making choices I should have made a long time ago, in that far away place when I still liked myself. and I am starting to like the new me a little better, perhaps not all the way, but we're getting there.
I know this is going to be hard to do, but darn it, I'm worth it!
(just a quick question though, does the hunger ever really go away? it seems like I'm always hungry, even though I am eating about 1500 calories a day and doing better about drinking lots of water)

Replies

• Melindaleigh12
    Options
    Welcome Lynsie! You're my second friend LOL. I think this is a great step you're taking, its not easy but if there's one thing I've learned from looking at the success story section if this forum is no matter how big you are you can do it! Use every pound lost as motivation to fight the hunger!
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lynsie. I know all too well how hard it is to make that commitment and change that mindset. You've taken the hardest step though. Now that you're here you have a whole pile of people to cheer you on to the new lifestyle you're going to love. Feel free to add me if you like. I'd be happy to be in your cheering section.
  • commkrista3
    commkrista3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynsie, I joined MFP last year, but then didn't do the work! I "came back" to it last week and have been working hard. You and I seem to be in the same boat. I'd like to add you as a friend and we can help each other on our journey. One thing I've learned about this site is everyone is very supportive and encouraging!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    We're human ...... we're gonna be hungry :smile:

And then we eat !

We eat good food, in sensible portions ...... and we move a little more each day .....

Enjoy the journey !
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You are worth it! Sending a friend request!
  • CortnieD
    CortnieD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my MFP! My name is Cortnie and I'm 26 years old. I started using MFP in January and I've lost 39.2 lbs. I've never lost that much weight be for. I have always been overweight. Over the past couple years I didn't care, and it showed by what I ate and through weight gain. My famly noticed, but I didn't care. I hope that you will like MFP. Set small goals for yourself as well as big ones. When you get discouraged during a workout focus on your goals. Its a great feeling when you are reaching your goals, and start caring again. Add me on MFP my username is CortnieD.
  • spippin73
    spippin73 Posts: 60
    Options
    You hang in there. The hunger definitely will subside and your stomach, body and mind begin to realize that you can survive, AND WILL SURVIVE on 1500 calories. My two biggest motivations: my son and watching the HBO series called Weight of the Nation...a must see. Good luck to you. Keep recording, keep journaling. It is the key.
  • Outdoorsman50
    Outdoorsman50 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    There are really supportive people here to help, like freedomreigns. Send request for support.
  • angelicahinkle
    Options
    feel free to add me hun. I am the same way I saw a number I swore i would never see. I am like so close to 300 its not funny. I am done feeling like this. I want to be healthy and happy. I want to be able to wear clothes that look good not just fit. please add me I will help you along as much as I can. Today is day six for me and it is getting easier. I eat alot of fruit and veggies throughout the day and I am not hungry anymore. anytime i am i go grab some grapes or carrots. it has gotten easier just in a week. you can do it!
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's nice to be somewhere where everyone is working towards a goal! Good motivation!