why bother

Options
2»

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I love how every time I break out of my shell & comment about "something"...not one fricken person replies. Am I a thread killer w/o knowing it?

I used to bump some of my own topics :flowerforyou: . In the beginning, I used to find it frustrating. But I knew it had a lot to do with my weird posting times (different time zone), so my threads slided out of sight (top 20 or so are on the first page, the rest get there only if one posts in them or else you have to search for some keywords)

so no, it isn't just you :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well, most of you don't know me...or remember me. But I'm back in the game (well, not really a game, but you know what I mean) come Monday. You'll be hearing lots from me. I like to talk about anything and everything and usually have an opinion on the same. lol So like it or not, prepare for the now, unemployed SAHM with nothing else to do. lol

Good to see you back again!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love how every time I break out of my shell & comment about "something"...not one fricken person replies. Am I a thread killer w/o knowing it?

I used to bump some of my own topics :flowerforyou: . In the beginning, I used to find it frustrating. But I knew it had a lot to do with my weird posting times (different time zone), so my threads slided out of sight (top 20 or so are on the first page, the rest get there only if one posts in them or else you have to search for some keywords)

so no, it isn't just you :tongue:

This is so true Dew (oooh a poet that dont know it:wink: )

I bump my threads for days before getting answers to my questions. At Midnight you are not going to find many MFPers up and posting. It is the kind of board that rocks M-F 7-6 pm then dies for the night.

Weekends are hit and miss. During the winter it is loaded...........summer not so much.

make a few friends and send them PMs that is what I do. OR I jump in the middle of a rocking thread and ask a question.

Welcome to you and feel free to friend me and send PMs I will be happy to reply!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I have had this happen too but people are much better here than on other boards I have been on. When I was pregnant I was on a pregnancy board and it felt like high school all over again. There were the "popular posters" and they were the only ones that got responses. I never took it personally because I decided my sparkling personality just might not translate when I type :bigsmile: Don't stop posting. :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen too but people are much better here than on other boards I have been on. When I was pregnant I was on a pregnancy board and it felt like high school all over again. There were the "popular posters" and they were the only ones that got responses. I never took it personally because I decided my sparkling personality just might not translate when I type :bigsmile: Don't stop posting. :flowerforyou:

Hey AlyssasMommy:happy:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    What up Shanta! Just letting you know- I check out all of your before and after pictures for inspiration. You have come so far. Thanks for the motivation!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    yep it's happened to me as well , I kill my own threads LOL
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    yep it's happened to me as well , I kill my own threads LOL
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Alyssa, that might be one of the cutest babies ever in your picture there. :smile:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Thanks Toots!

She will be turning 3 months old on the 16th. She is growing u so fast. Kinda sad but it is so much fun watching her grow!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    What up Shanta! Just letting you know- I check out all of your before and after pictures for inspiration. You have come so far. Thanks for the motivation!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks Im glad to be of inspiration to you and did I tell your baby girl is so BEAUTIFUL awwww she so ADORABLE:happy: :happy: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

As of 4:30 CT you had 13 posts. Maybe you had a 6 when you started this thread? You expect people to flock all over your first 6 posts?

Hey....:flowerforyou:
    don't take it personally.....

I don't get the thread killer thing anyway....as if from a picture on the internet someone would decide wether or not to respond to your thread....it's all a little calculating, no?

You put in way too much time and effort figuring that out
    Be nice Maxie
  • bluehead
    Options
    No I don't expect people to come flocking to me...I was having a bad night and was bored which is why I decided to (finally) post something. It's all good. I understand that nobody will ever be as cool as you, Maxi. Thanks for doing that little bit of math for me too. My worst subject in school. It shows how much you care. Truly.