Needing friends over 50

Options
I joined MFP last week and am slowly falling in love with this site. I've done well with the dieting and exercise and wanted to share it with my mom.

She is having a pacemaker put in on Monday and is scared to death. I think this may be the wake up call she needs to start taking better care of her body, but obviously there is a lot of fear for everyone in my family before we get to the healing part.

Her name on here is Texasruffles - (please ignore the age, she didn't have me at 3!)

I'm asking for anyone out there who has had experience with heart problems, aging, or people who just want to support her, to please friend her. Some words of wisdom could really help her.

Mom--
I'm here for you, and I hope you decide to fight for yourself this time. Your daughters need you, your grandkids need you, and Dad needs you, so please fight for yourself and your health this time. I love you, Mom.

Replies

• andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Done.... I'm impressed with your foresight to include your mom in your new lifestyle (I don't like calling it a diet, because I always gain dieting weight back). My daughter is on MFP and my mother-in-law is considering it. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you are interested.
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Have sent a request, would be happy to support your mum and you on your life style change..

I have gone up and down all my life and I find the support on here amazing.

Wishing you both all the best
  • MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey Kerri

Sent your Mom a friend request!! There is a great group of over 50 gals on here who support, motivate & encourage each other. Wishing her a quick, successful surgery & a speedy recovery!

Good luck with your weight loss!! I know you'll do great!! You've found the right reason to do it.....YOU!!!!! Friend me as well if you'd like another weight loss buddy!

Cynde
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Hi Kerri. I will send your Mom a friend request. I see where one of my pals (Miss Miley ) already has and she is a great pal of mine too. God Bless you my dear and your Mom. :)
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 67 years old and understand older people well. I took care of my Mom.

Nina