Please help with my diary...

Options
Please give me some advice!! I used to eat very unhealthily, and I've been trying to make changes. When I started logging on mfp, I realized my eating only had two modes: 500 calories a day and 5,000 calories a day. I recently started logging again after much effort to improve, and I tell ya what..this is hard. I've started eating healthier choices most of the time..but I'm still having trouble meeting a good calorie count. I feel like when I eat healthy (and feel good about the amount I am eating, as in, I do not feel hungry until it is mealtime again) I come in with too few calories, and the only days I come closer to my calories is when I eat high-cal low-nutrient food. Can someone help me? What kinds of food should I be adding to get to a better calorie count? I feel like I should be eating more like 1900-2100 calories, but I'm only ringing in 1200-1500, and I'm not "eating back" any of my exercise calories. I've tried eating more of my healthy foods, but to get to where I want to be I'd have to eat until I'm absolutely sick. PLEASE HELP ME!! Here are some quick stats:

Female
5'4
225 lbs, 49% body fat
30 lb current weight loss, have been plateaued for the last 9 days
Exercise is now moderate, I do Insanity 3x per week, plus lots of family outings/playing and walking with my kids.

If you think you can be helpful to me long-term, please feel free to send me a friend request also, and keep me in line!! Thanks!!

Replies

• arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try fresh fruits and veggies. It is better to eat healthy and not eat all your calories than it is to eat unhealthy and meet or go over them. Try nuts and peanut butter to increase your cals while remaining healthy. Also a glass of juice or milk can give you some more calories.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Cut out soda/juice/packaged meals/bars of any kind/Little Debbie Snacks/pillsbury crescent rolls etc

Have eggs/bacon for breakfast. If you have to have bread- eat Ezekial bread or half of their english muffin.
    Switch from milk to almond milk

Cheese, cottagecheese, plain yogurt (flavor w/cinnamon) and fruit are good choices. Add veggies to your omelet, and to as many meals as you like. Try a protein shake and add a handful of spinach or kale to it.

Try to keep your carbs around 100 and your protein too

Stop subtracting 500 for breastfeeding. I hope you are lifting weights and taking your baby for long stroller walks :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I agree about the packaged foods - knorr noodles, little debbies, tyson chicken- etc. That should be more like a 'once in a while because we're starving in a hurry' type thing, those aren't every day foods. Crack some eggs and add some veggies in, make your own sandwiches, stir frys, etc. Anything you can make yourself and know what's in it is ten times better than anything that will ever come in a box.
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Natural Peanut Butter is great and Almond butter too...smear it on apples, pears or a whole wheat english muffin. Also a protein smoothie is good to up ur cals in a healthy way. Also I looked at ur diary and I noticed u eat aloot of processed foods. Everything starts with what u eat. If u dont eat right u can workout all u want ur not going to see results. But eventually ull have to start eating clean to lose all that unwanted body fat.